Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric.com >

Fabric.com

Fabric.com

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM

I ordered from them one time, through Amazon. They had 15 yards of a fabric that would be perfect for quilt backs for my daughter, my wife and me. I ordered the whole bolt, and a few days later got an e-mail that it wasn't available. I e-mailed back for clarification: Were they completely out of the fabric, or did they just have less than the 15 yards I ordered? They responded they were out of the fabric and would not be getting it back in stock. End of story. I won't likely be ordering from them again.

Darren
Old 11-26-2013, 07:06 PM

I order from them all the time and have not yet been disappointed!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:17 PM

My experience has been inconsistent. I always check and see what they are showing for amount on hand and about 1/2 the time my order ends up minus some of the items as they are out of stock. That is frustrating. A few times my order arrived packaged mess, yardage was not folded just all in heap. I do find the quality of their backing fabrics can be very thin to very high quality.
I have learned never count on it until its in my hands.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

I just made my first purchase today with them.
My purchase was 5 gorgeous panels.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 PM

I have ordered from them several times, and my complaint is that they literally throw the fabric in the box, folded haphazardly, if one could call it folded at all.

I always have to do a major re-folding, which increases the number of creases it has.

As a result, I try to order from other websites such as 1000 bolts and Missouri Star.

I don't have this problem with any other company that I order from. Can't understand why they don't take more pride in shipping their fabrics. No more for me.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:59 PM

They are one of my favorites. They have the most generous cuts of any place I've ever bought from. Also, I love that they give free shipping at $35. That amount is pretty easy for me to reach.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Power Poster

I've been shopping with them for 12 years. they are my 'go to' shop/site when I am looking for anything- they offer free shipping at $35 and I can always spend that much. over the years there have been a couple times when an order was messed up (after all - they are human too) I always called them as soon as it arrived, customer service is VERY helpful, friendly- and always took care of what ever the problem was very quickly- I've never had any issues that were not remedied quickly. I probably spend at least 80% of my quilting budget with them every year.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:12 AM

The only problem I ever had with them is sometimes when you order something they don't have much of they will add it to your order and then a couple of days later they will tell you it is sold out, so they aren't very current on the website on what they actually have. I have been always pleased with what I buy from them.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 AM

I order from them all the time (thousands of dollars' worth, total). There has only been one issue ... they accidentally sent the wrong fabric ... but when I contacted them, they told me to keep the incorrect fabric and sent me the correct one right away.

There have been maybe 2-3 times when they were out of stock of something I'd ordered, but so far they've always sent an e-mail to let me know, and asking what I wanted to do (ship as-is, or substitute another fabric). This has only happened to me when the available yardage listed on their website was very low, so I guess their website doesn't update the exact moment you check out. Someone must've beat me to it.

I also like that I'm close enough to their warehouse (same state) that I get my fabric the day after it's shipped.

The quality of everything I've ordered has been very good to excellent.

No complaints here.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:16 AM

If I hadn't been able to buy yards and yards of beautiful fabric for $3.99 a yard and free shipping (at $35) I might never have developed this wonderful obsession of quilting! Of course, that was in 2007 or 2008 when I started but Fabric.com still gets the lions share of my fabric business. They messed up my order once...it got lost I think... but when I contacted them they sent it overnight. I don't think they're as good as they used to be, but I still count on them for good prices and free shipping.