Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Notes to self.... >
  • Notes to self....

• Notes to self....

Old 01-16-2014, 07:39 PM

Ha! They just won't ADMIT to it!! There's nobody that perfect . . . unless they don't do anything!

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
    After having read all the current replies to this post, I want you to know what a pleasure it is to be among human beings who drop pins, burn themselves on their irons, step on fallen needles, try to catch falling rotary cuters and/or irons. Have some of you also burned a pan of cookies or baked a cake that fell? So many women I know have never, never experienced any of the things mentioned. Being around them is soooo intimidating! froggyintexas
    Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 PM

and don't stick a pin on the arm of a chair or sofa and the DH discovers it....
    Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 PM

Also do not try to catch a seam ripper with the slamming of thighs together.
    Old 01-16-2014, 08:40 PM

Thank you all ladies.........you make me feel normal!!
    Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by sandrab64
    1) If a pin falls in your lap, do not try to "catch" it by slamming your thighs together.
    2) Using a hot iron on the wrinkles on your fingers will not make you look any younger.
    3) If a needle falls on the carpeted floor, get a flashlight instead of just "feeling around for it".

Time to quit for the day!

Oh I love it, been there, done that to all things listed, and then some!! The 'don't try catching a pin by slamming thighs together' is sooooooo painful to remember.. Good laugh to go to bed on - night all..thanks
    Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 PM

Thanks for all of the common sense reminders. Stay safe while sewing/quilting!
    Old 01-19-2014, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
    After having read all the current replies to this post, I want you to know what a pleasure it is to be among human beings who drop pins, burn themselves on their irons, step on fallen needles, try to catch falling rotary cuters and/or irons. Have some of you also burned a pan of cookies or baked a cake that fell? So many women I know have never, never experienced any of the things mentioned. Being around them is soooo intimidating! froggyintexas
    I've both baked a cake that's fallen, a cake that wasn't cooked completely and had one that exploded out of the pan because I used self-rising flour instead of regular flour. The self-rising flour was at my sister-in-law's house --she lives in the south. I've also had a cat walk across a cake and just filled in the paw prints with extra frosting. It is much harder to disguise the paw prints after the frosting is on the cake. Both cakes were covered but this cat thinks cakes are walkways because he's a cat.
    Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO
    When using a clover iron do you stick out your index finger and burn it?
    Do you hunt for ages for that needle you placed in the pin cushion while you went to ....?
    Sure wish I would have known the "dangers" of the clover iron when I got mine. Ouch - twice. I see now they have guards on the necks.
    Old 01-19-2014, 09:45 PM

If a pin falls to the floor, pick it up while it's still in sight. Otherwise it will find you.
    Old 01-19-2014, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD
    Those are excellent tips, especially the one about needles. I once stepped on a needle that had fallen onto the scatter rug beside my bed (my sewing machine was also in my bedroom) when I was getting into bed. I had to call my DH to pull it out as I did a really good job on it. I wish my sewing area had something other than carpeting, however, the entire apt. is carpeted, so that won't work. I will sometimes empty my magnetic pin cushion and run it around on the rug to pick up some of the wayward pins and needles.
    Someone should invent a magnetized flooring of some sort that you can install in your sewing rooms that will attract the pins and needles all at one time. LOL