Windows 8 Is Frustrating!!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
Yes I have a Windows 8 and I hate it. I had a Vista and I loved it. I don't know why they had to mess up and make a Windows 8, there wasn't anything wrong with Vista or Windows 7. I have heard more complaints on Windows 8 than any other model. I wish they would leave things along or give people a choice of a Windows 7 or 8. Grrrrrrrr

I think Mircrosoft has heard more complaints with Windows 8 than any other operating system too!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:33 AM

Unfortunately all our complaints do nothing to fix Windows 8. I've using computers for a long time and never had problems - now with Windows 8 nothing but problems. We have halfway figured out how to use it but it isn't easy and I even took a class which only helped a little. I hate Windows 8. I don't want to spend more money to (hopefully) fix it. My next computer will be a Mac.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

yep, Microsoft is not doing themselves any favors by putting products out like this on the general public. just like medications that are not fully tested to get rid of dangerous side effects. Money talks!! but they will learn by losing customers.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I went from XP to windows 8 it was painful... not so bad now.
me too...getting used to it now
Old 02-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Notice, no one really said anything nice about it!!!

Linkd, your FIL might do better with an Ipad or some sort of tablet. I sometimes wonder if the tablet craze had anything to do with the development of Windows 8. I have 7 and pray nothing happens for a long long time.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

When we went to Best Buy, there was a Microsoft rep who is an absolute whiz with Windows 8. My dh works in computer development for a big company and thought he knew most everything, but this rep was able to show him some things he didn't know -- and in record time. The rep said that in classes he could do everything faster with his Windows 8 touch screen than everyone else. Note the touch screen part of that, which is key. Windows 8 was really developed for touch screens and is not as mouse-friendly as older versions were. Also, the rep had clearly had extensive training in Windows 8. The rest of us get to learn it the hard way!