Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Opinions on Baby Lock machines >
  • Opinions on Baby Lock machines

• Opinions on Baby Lock machines

Old 04-06-2014, 10:45 AM
    Power Poster

I have the Espire and LOVE that machine. The only thing I would trade it for is an even higher-end Baby Lock (like the Crescendo) or maybe a Bernina (if I win the lottery).
    Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by patsynel
    I have a Babylock Quest Plus, not real pleased with it. Have problems with the tension.
    I also have the BLQP. I had a lot of problems with it at first. I kept taking it back to the BL shop I bought it at. They never got it fixed. I then took it to another BL dealer, about 2 hours from my home. He got it to work perfectly, that was 3 years ago and she still works perfectly.
    Old 04-19-2015, 12:55 PM

I have a BL Quilter professional( new name is the Jane). I don't think the threading is complicated. It sews and FMQ very nicely. Also have the BL crescendo which I like okay. Years ago I had a viking and had nothing but problems with the bobbin. Dealer was no help and has was rude to deal with so wouldn't even look at another viking.Had 2 berninas which I liked but wanted a larger harp area. My daughter took my BL xcape (now called an Audrey) that I bought for classes because of it's light weight. It's a nice little machine. My featherweight along with my sew ez table goes with us camping. The local BL/bernina dealer is the absolute best and also the best salesman (that's why I've bought so many machines from him) and can fix any machine. I like the looks of Janomes but haven't tried one because no dealer here.
    Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 PM

I have an older BL that has the embroidery attachment. I love it!!! I also have friends that have both the Ellure and the Espire, both older models but they also love these machines and I haven't heard any complaints about them. Hope you find one that works for you!
    Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 AM
    Power Poster

I wouldn't trade in your machine because they never give you what your DSM is worth. Keep it as a backup. I bought my Bernina in the 90s for $1,000 and it is the best investment I ever made.