Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Frustrated!  Have you ever???? >

Frustrated! Have you ever????

Frustrated! Have you ever????

Old 04-28-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
hard to see, but I think a little strip of white fabric at the end of the bottom row solves the immediate problem.
I agree a little piece of white added on the last row should even it all out. Once you quilt over it, it won't be noticeable. If that will bother you, I would recommend dunster's method. Only you know what you can live with.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:35 AM

I agree either easing the last row or adding just a small amount of white fabric to the last row should fix it.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:36 AM

just a thought - but could you carry on the dimensional look. Narrow Border it with one of the prints and then border just 2 sides (a corner) with a grey border. Perhaps the dimensional look would 'correct' the edges.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Thank you all for the wonderful advice. I took the whole thing a part. Glad I did! I must have been sleep quilting...lol...my smashing in the center and a few other places were so a tad of and it all added up to a lot off in the very end! I knew I should have stopped...I was sew tired! I will show when finished! Thank you all for the compliments! Sew on!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

I cannot see a problem, however, I think it's a gorgeous quilt.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
That is very frustrating! Just remember...there are not mistakes in quilting...only creative adjustment! Have you thought of trimming done the other side so they are the same and then adding a border?
That's right : ) I had one that did this even after I tore it apart and re-done it. So I took a break and POOF the answer came to me. I squared it up by a bit of out of the box finaggling. - the top part started at 3 1/2 and the bottom was 2 inches wide and I reversed it for the other side and I did the same for the ends of the quilt for both borders. They sort of looked like a very long v cut down the middle. It turned out very nice and my Step Mom loved it and the ''modern'' borders. She never knew it was a major boo-boo and a 2 chocolate bar problem....
Old 04-28-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
That's right : ) I had one that did this even after I tore it apart and re-done it. So I took a break and POOF the answer came to me. I squared it up by a bit of out of the box finaggling. - the top part started at 3 1/2 and the bottom was 2 inches wide and I reversed it for the other side and I did the same for the ends of the quilt for both borders. They sort of looked like a very long v cut down the middle. It turned out very nice and my Step Mom loved it and the ''modern'' borders. She never knew it was a major boo-boo and a 2 chocolate bar problem....
Isn't that funny how it works? They say necessity is the mother of all invention, but I think screw-ups deserve a lot of credit, too! I like Bob Ross's, "We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents" philosophy too....but I think it's a bit easier to get away with happy accidents in oil paint than it is in a quilt, lol.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:05 PM

Looks great to me!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Did you sew all the rows together from the same direction? This seems to make it warp. Try sewing the first seam from left to right and the second row from right to left.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:14 PM

I've taken quilts apart too. Not fun, but a lot is learned. Good luck to you, it is a great quilt and I love what you had done. Be sure and show us the do over. It's bound to be a beauty.