Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What quilt projects are you working on now? >
  • What quilt projects are you working on now?

• What quilt projects are you working on now?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 AM

That heart quilt is going to be pretty !!!
    Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 AM

I'm working on a Quilts for Kids - then it's back on to a patriotic quilt...
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 AM

I'll start next week teaching my ASG neighborhod group how to paper piece. I have a book of 14 PP birds. We're going to do two a month and finish up with a quilt at the end of the year. Should be interesting to see what choices the make for fabric and how different they all will look. I'll try to post pics as we go along.
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Mary, that is an awesome story. Our county fair has a category called "Heritage project". You can enter any project that was started by one generation and finished by another. My mother passed away in 1999. She started a ripple afghan about a year before she died and had it about 2/3 done. I was finally able to pick it up last winter and finished it, without a pattern. I entered it and received a blue. The judge said that she was amazed that she couldn't tell where one person ended and the other one started. That was the best compliment I could have received. I gave it to my son who is now in college. He was shocked and he even remembered his Grandma working on it.

I am working on 8 quilts for graduation gifts. I have 2 of them completely done and I just finished the last top yesterday. Now I just have to get busy and get them quilted! My goal for 2010 is to learn to applique so I can finish a Lodge Look quilt that I started.
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 AM
    Power Poster

I'm working on class projects to demo how to make the 1/8" border. Not piping. I'm using my mistake for a demo of what not to do.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-63850.jpe   attachment-63851.jpe  
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:37 AM

Working on photo quilts for granddaughters graduations this spring.
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 AM

I've been "winter-weathered" into embroidering some more blocks for future theme quilts. My cutting table, which has a quilt on it that I am hand quilting is downstairs in a room that is VERY cold. I have a blue quilt top very nearly finished ... just need to miter the double border corners ... but I need that cutting table to do it and I don't want to move the quilt that's on it (it has lots of pins and painter's tape on it), so that's on hold, also. Whenever I can get the "blue" corners done and the quilt top pressed, I want to post a picture. I copied/stole it from a 3" x 3" catalog picture and it has turned out very well, if I do say so myself ... and I do! I have no other quilt pieces cut, so I'm left with the choices of doing machine embroidery or machine embroidery, so .... (whimper, whimper), I figure it's lots better than nothing.
    Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm lagging behind so much that I needed inspiration so I took a printed panel and doing up an doll quilt in a hurry. I need my small projects to support my big ones that take me so much longer and I feel so unaccomplished while doing them. Few more stitches and I'll be complete and it only took me two days and one evening of a total four hours. I don't have a lot of time but I find sanity between the stitches. Thanks for asking and if I knew how, I'd show ya!
    Old 01-07-2010, 09:00 AM

i am working on a scrapp quilt i have a loit of left over scrapps and have found a quilt shop that sells scrapps from projects from classes
    Old 01-07-2010, 09:50 AM

I am working on a spider man quilt for my great nephew. I fussy cut a spider man print fabric. I am using blue and red 9 patch cornerstones and a blue-white -blue strip for the borders of each block. The back will have a large spider man panel with blue, a stripe of red and blue. I am making it up as I go.

Carol