What made you happy TODAY?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 PM

The sun was shining, the sky was a beautiful blue, and I got back on my recumbent bike for the first time this year and did 3 miles. Not alot, but certainly a start.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Love this thread.

Have enjoyed the reading this eve b-4 bed.

Understood one of my math problems, school was cancelled and I got to stay home, talked to DS twice and he is safe from the weather in CO and on way to NM, heard from both my DS's, sent pic of our family at Christmas to them, DD made dinner and did dishes, got 4 1/2 hours of studying done, picked out stitches from doll quilt that went awry(sp) when bobbin holder broke during quilting, DD and I chose 4 Moda layer fabric packs for me to make quilts for my siblings and DD, watched the birds feeding outside my sewing window and had fun walking in the snow up to my *** trying not to fall over from laughter.

It was a great day. Thanks for asking.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM

I dried my hair this morning and didn't like it at all. Then laughed out loud (dog looked at me funny!) and thanked God for having enough hair to have a bad hair day, because this time last year I had none (from chemo). So ... I'm thankful for hair.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Two words -- Snow day!!!!!

Got to ease into my day instead of having to slingshot myself into the day.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:54 PM

I have one more...Went to my guild meeting tonight and did Show and tell for the first time in a few years. I love to watch, but never show. I showed my small whole cloth quilt with a trapunto design. These ladies loved it so much that within 15 minutes they had booked me to teach a class, and the class was sold out. This is the first time they ask me to teach. I am very excited because I have given private classes, but never to a group. I have to prepare for the challenge.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Today for me it was spending a snow day with my daughter, feeling better after three days off sick, and sorting out my fabrics to see if I had enough for a "Downy quilt for kids" quilt...and I do!!
Thanks for reminding us to think of the good instead of focusing on the bad.
:)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I have one more...Went to my guild meeting tonight and did Show and tell for the first time in a few years. I love to watch, but never show. I showed my small whole cloth quilt with a trapunto design. These ladies loved it so much that within 15 minutes they had booked me to teach a class, and the class was sold out. This is the first time they ask me to teach. I am very excited because I have given private classes, but never to a group. I have to prepare for the challenge.
This is the piece I will be teaching:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-9829.jpe  
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 PM

I am happy everyday. It's not to say I have things that get me down, but why let it mess with your day. I wake up in the morning and see the face of my handsome husband. I say good morning to our bed hog cat. I peek out the window and see 3 wagging tails. And stroll into the living room and see my green thumb at work.

Life is to short to have unhappy days.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Talked to (currently while typing this) my DS in NM and on his way to NJ, didn't have to do chores DD did, received my new bobbin holder (thank you PO for delivering during snowstorm), DH got to school and home ok during storm, enjoying thoroughly how my new little quilt looks. Sorry , can't share pics as it is for Feb doll quilt swap and Miss Gigglewings. Put together 6 more bags of clothes and stuff for Goodwill.
Thank God for the energy and time to do so. And Here with my quilty friends.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM

Seeing my little granddaughter and grandson made me extra happy today. My granddaughter is 3 and my grandson will be 1 on Feb 17th. They are my sunshine and make me the happiest!!!