Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you happy TODAY?

I think its truly easy to pick out what the heck went wrong with today. Sometimes its good to see what made you happy too. so I will start this with something that some will think .. egad.. that is it? that is what made her day? and I will counter with yes yes it did.

I sorted my fabric. I have mostly donated fabric. So I decided that I always get mixed up in trying to find what is good for a quilt what is good for a craft project etc. So I went through it. Made a horrendous mess of the livingroom and smiled while I did it. I found about 1/2 to donate to someone who makes projects for good causes.. and then found a way to make those good for crafts (table runners etc) and those good for quilts. I swear to you it was like I had been to a store, gone shopping all over again. That thrill, surely you know it.. of tada! I HAVE THIS NOW! so go shopping in your own stash store. Even the bag I have of little "snippets" its like an awakening. I didnt know I OWN this. I know I am not alone. I have little truly but it was a way of showing me how lucky I am on how much I do have. And the group that can take my extras will happy too I am sure. Amazingly enough where I live ads on the internet are not as big as when I lived in the city. Back then I would have had to delete it almost as fast as I posted. Fifty offers to come pick it up. Shocked truly .. I now have real projects set, real goals with real possibilities because I know what is there and what is needed. This made me more than happy. How about you? what floated your boat today? If you have to think hard think hard.. skip what went wrong. Something went right. I know it did. Even one small thing. If it didnt yell it out to us and we will all come to your support. I can honestly vouch for most of everyone here when I say that. If you need a hug even if its online only ask.

Blog Entries
    Oh I have a couple--1. The 3 grands and I made sugar cookies together. No school for the 2 oldest.
    2. My bull calf drank his milk and wagged his tail--meaning he's feeling much better after a bout of diarrhea.
    The simple things....

Blog Entries
    I am Happy i bought a new wireless printer today! even with the snow falling, and 6 to 10 inches coming..i still managed to get out to buy this for myself! no i would have to go up and down the stair to print something on the PC..i can use the laptop!
    My son called from Afghanistan this morning too..it was great to hear his voice!

I'm happy my daughter got her certificate. She is now an official emergency medical technician. I will of course be even happier when she finds a job!

the sun is out and i got a short letter from my sqa

Blog Entries
    My step-son stopped to see me. A very pleasant surprise! His dad and I were divorced over 20 years ago, so I haven't kept in touch as much as I could have, but it is nice to see his face and not just on Facebook. :)

we got a phonecall today to say my husband got the job at the post office!

I went shopping for my Angelee and mailed it the same day!

Wow see this is so much better than watching the news.. for once.. GOOD NEWS. I am smiling even bigger than I was when I did the fabric sort. I am so happy to see there is a reason to believe in the good things. Darned that makes me very happy and yes I am a self proclaimed dork saves me the trouble of others pointing it out to me.

Banned
    I got some happy mail today!

I also got into my sewing room closet and started sorting and organizing my fabric and putting them in plastic see-thru rubbermaid containers, and labeling them.

Sure makes you feel good when you accomplish something.

Blog Entries
    My son took me out to lunch.

Lots of happy today:

Bookkeeper was here to balance the co. escrow account. No problems and she gave me some ideas on how to grow my business.

Snow is in the forecast so my searcher and I double teamed the work and got it done so we can both be off tomorrow. I got to go to nearby county to search and made a side trip to lqs (shhh, don't tell hubby just yet). I only spent cash I have been collecting (my lunch money) so I feel REAL good about that.

Lady at LQS made me feel good- she said she always loves the fabrics I pick out.

ooooh- also, I ran into my friend at the Courthouse- I blame her for my addiction. Five years ago she talked me into taking time for myself and go back to doing things I enjoy. It started with me drawing our Christmas cards that year. She then introduced me to quilting- and I'm a goner. But best of all- she offered to teach me paper piecing- I think I've died and gone to heaven!

Now I'm collecting my files and 2 laptops to take home with me. My searcher and I decided we will talk at 2 p.m. to see what the weather is like and we'll go from there. I have 4 wheel drive but I live in a rural area so we may not get plowed out. I love being the boss and telling the employees to stay home where they are safe.

P.S. I wear my rose colored glasses all the time and my glass is, at minimum, always half full. My motto is to THINK POSITIVE!

$2,100 surgical consult for my dog. Broken leg getting fixed tomorrow morning makes me happy.

Blog Entries
    I got my hair cut and colored. My hairdresser is a Christian and we always have good talks. I've been going to her for almost 20y.
    This next statement might not sound happy, but it was a relief to hear.
    Today we found out why my precious DD lost her baby a couple of weeks ago.

It's snowing again. Snow gives me a feeling of well-being.

A recruiter called to say my resume is being presented to a hiring manager. I don't have high hopes, but at least it gives me a little hope, deep inside.

Someone really liked something I wrote. It's nothing professinal or publishable, but the good feedback made me happy because it gives me hope that one day I might get it together enough to write for publication (i.e., money).

Went to Dr. today, and he was able to lower my dose of Prendisone. Am getting better day by day, after an AWFUL allergic reaction to a drug injected at the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Wow see this is so much better than watching the news.. for once.. GOOD NEWS. I am smiling even bigger than I was when I did the fabric sort. I am so happy to see there is a reason to believe in the good things. Darned that makes me very happy and yes I am a self proclaimed dork saves me the trouble of others pointing it out to me.
    Thanks for asking the question. I am really enjoying the answers. A good day brightener.

I had to stay late at work yesterday, so decided to go in a little late today. Only 45 minutes, but that was 45 minutes of sewing I don't usually get in the morning!

Got to go to a job I like, spend my day with coworkers who are friends, talked w/ DD on the phone, came home to a house that is paid for.

And I just ate 4 Oreo cookies...

I recently reconnected with an old friend. It made me happy to receive an email from her today!

Blog Entries
    I am part of the foundation at work and we split into groups and visit the agencies we sponsor. Today we went to a transitional housing for women or women with children escaping an environment of drug/alcohol abuse or violence. I am happy that there are good souls out there who try to help people and I am soooo happy that I have such a stable, good life. There were 6 women living in these tiny cordoned off areas of the house - it was organized chaos....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Went to Dr. today, and he was able to lower my dose of Prendisone. Am getting better day by day, after an AWFUL allergic reaction to a drug injected at the hospital.
    Hearing a friend is getting better is always good news!

Blog Entries
    I had a nice, calm day at work. Went to the post office for a squishy (surprise from DH - waiting for 2-14). Called my mom just to say hi. DH made dinner and now we are just sitting on the couch with Katie-cat. Life is good.

My son who is battleing cancer came in for a visit tonight. It was one of his good days. I sure made my day to see him out and about.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast