Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sooooo many ideas! >

Sooooo many ideas!

Sooooo many ideas!

Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Congratulations! grandkids are the best. I have 2 grandsons. my son is married,but no kids yet. so i may not have anymore anytime soon. I'd make a couple of quilts and let the parents choose. myself i'd have a hard time deciding which pattern to make, so i'd make a bunch(time allowing) and let them choose. Plus then you would have a couple for last minute baby gifts.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
OMG! I just found out this weekend that I am GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! (first one)
Congratulations, Grandma!!!

I, too, just found out this week that I am going to be a Grandma (and I still have a 5 year old son at home!!!). That's what I get for having a 23, 21, 20, and 19 year old and then waiting 14 years to have my last. That was God's little joke, I think. I always wanted to have 5 children...well I guess I got what I wished for! :)

I have seen many "generic" type quilt patterns that include pastel colors. Greens and yellows are good choices, too. You could make a generic quilt for the birth and then another quilt for the baby's first birthday or some other special occasion in his/her life. Just a thought.

Congratulations, again!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:39 PM

OMG! I just found out this weekend that I am GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! (first one) :thumbup:
Congratulations!!!

ME TOO! I found out at Christmas that my first is due in late July.

While they will found out the gender once my son gets home from Afghanistan, I have already started with the "play on the floor" quilt, which is a huge red, white and blue Ohio Star, with smaller stars in each corner unit. The 'take along quilt" is being done in a gender neutral Teddy Bear fabric accennted with green ginham, probably a 9patch with alternating snowball, and I have not passed up the pinks and blues on sale. I've already scoped out the fabrics for a boy or girl, so I will have the quilt planned once I know what my first grandchild will be and will then get the right fabric.

However, I HAD to buy the Little Red Riding Hood fabrics when I found them on clearance for $3.00!

Diane
Old 03-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Congragulations, I have two grandchildren and they are just a joy to have. Penny
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM

If the baby should be a girl, a paper doll quilt is so cute. I am making one for my great granddaughter.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM

OMG! I just found out this weekend that I am GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! (first one) Baby quilt patterns are flyin' around my sewing room! :P The only problem, is that my daughter and son-in-law PREFER not to learn the baby's sex, so can't do much with pink. So they haven't picked a "theme" for decor yet either. I CAN'T WAIT! (due early Nov) Guess I will just start with bright primary colors .... you can never have too many quilts! This opens up a whole new realm in quilt making for me. :thumbup:
Congratulations and happy quilting. You can also make more than quilts - bibs, burp cloths, cover up quilt if she nurses, there are great patterns for the little carriers to zip a baby up in to keep them snug and warm, a quilt to place on the floor for baby to play on and they love the bright colors. Have fun.
Hugs
Patty - grammy to 7
Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations!!!!!!
here are some free baby quilt patterns! :-D

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/Qu...ltPatterns.htm
Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Congratulations! Grand babies are a lot more fun than kids!! Have you seen the quilt pattern 'A star is born'? So sweet!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 PM

sooooooo happy for you, best joy in the world, I have 10 grandchildren and my husband has 9... total 19 children to love. I have made teddy bear quilts - good for both boy or girl. happy cuddling that little one. Nov seems like so far away.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Congatulaions!!! Grandbabies are wonderful. Just make lots of quilts for both boys and girls so you will be ready for either one.
Good idea!!! I will do that toooooo. My mom said I am crazy for getting ready sso early. YEUP! Grandmavill here I come. I am patient, I will be quilting in the mean time.