Deers

Old 04-18-2010, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by KarenSimon
I've heard human urine is a deterrent for some critters like rabbits. Maybe that would work...
Soooooooooo when hubby needs to go - he will take a stroll?? hahah
Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 AM

My friend here in the Ozarks told me about this concoction that works for them. It is a combo of cayenne pepper, tobassco sauce, dried mustard. and hot sauce sprinkled in the flower beds. She said she has not had any problem since using that. Maybe google "deer deterrent home made remedies" It just might give you additional recipies that won't break the bank!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I've heard human urine is a deterrent for some critters like rabbits. Maybe that would work...
What a visual!!! LMAO!!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:43 AM

http://www.deer-departed.com/deer-re...t-recipes.html

Here are quite a few home made remedies - happy cooking!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:53 AM

My friend here in the Ozarks told me about this concoction that works for them. It is a combo of cayenne pepper, tobassco sauce, dried mustard. and hot sauce sprinkled in the flower beds. She said she has not had any problem since using that. Maybe google "deer deterrent home made remedies" It just might give you additional recipies that won't break the bank!
Then you can use the leftovers in your chili, tacos and nachos!LOL
Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 AM

It is a combo of cayenne pepper, tobassco sauce, dried mustard. and hot sauce sprinkled in the flower beds. She said she has not had any problem since using that. Maybe google "deer deterrent home made remedies" It just might give you additional recipies that won't break the bank![/quote]

Then you can use the leftovers in your chili, tacos and nachos!LOL[/quote]

HA! Funny! - do you ever feel you are being spied on?? The ad on this page had shown deer deterrent! How much privacy do we have???????????I think NONE - it makes me wonder HOW they can advertise this on this particular thread, doesn't it?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 AM

My daughter ties plastic bags like you get from Walmart on a stick the wind blowing them seem to scare the deer and stop them from eating her flowers, works for her in Missouri
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 AM

Last week I was on a trip & 2 friends were discussing the problems they were having in VA with deer eating flowers. Neighbors of one didn't care for the flexible fencing she had draped around the shrubs & they both were frustrated with repellents washing off each time it rained. I googled & found that there's something called 'Deer Out' that doesn't wash off & is natural repellent. They were going to check into it.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:36 AM

We live out in the country and sometimes to save himself a trip back into the house if he is working outside, my hubby sometimes mind you, calls this 'marking spot'. If the deer see him I'm sure they are quickly averting their eyes.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Don't know if it works but---I was told to put human hair around the plants. It was suggested I ask my hairdresser to save hair for me..... object being...animals don't like human contact. I haven't had a problem since I started "feeding the turkeys" in the far corner of the yard.