Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt show and broken toe >

Quilt show and broken toe

Quilt show and broken toe

Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 AM

oooh I know that hurt. I hope you get to go and are not too uncomfortable. Thats what friends are for, so take advantage of their help. Hope all of you have a great time.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Banned

A broken toe makes you "handicapped" Take advantage of it and get the wheelchair. Vendors and attendees understand the situation. Just be courteous in your maneuvering down the aisles and in and out of the booths. I see so many at quilt shows in wheelchairs who think they have the right of way.....Everyone will understand that it is ESSENTIAL you are there as part of your therapy. Distributing a few $$ here and there will help as well.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 AM

Yes go, you can rent a motorized chair,either a wheelchair or like a Hooveral,like holice said be gentle and go slow. remt early enough to practice with it.It can be fast and not stop on a dime. lol Jolo
Old 05-09-2010, 04:32 AM

Yes go, you can rent a motorized chair,either a wheelchair or like a Hooveral,like holice said be gentle and go slow. remt early enough to practice with it.It can be fast and not stop on a dime. lol Jolo
Old 05-09-2010, 05:04 AM

I have used a wheel chair almost all of my life. I had polio as a child. Let me just say, do what you gotta do, go where you wanna go!!! Friends have said to me, Oh, it is so sad that you can not get in some places.... I tell them - If I spent my entire life doing all the things I CAN do, I could never finish, so who cares! Same at a quilt show - If I visited all the booths I CAN get it, I can surely spend ALL my money, so who cares! Using a power chair or a scooter does take a bit of practice, especially in a crowded area. No, sometimes you can not see everything. Yes, sometimes people are polite and make sure you can see things, but sometimes they push in front of you like you don't exist. Bottom line, its all in how you choose to deal with life, and NEVER underestimate the kindness and generosity of your friends!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:23 AM

I agree - have fun - life goes on no matter what
Originally Posted by amma
I would :D:D:D Your friends have offered to help, so go and enjoy the show :D:D:D
Old 05-09-2010, 06:07 AM

Most definately , you know yourself better than anyone else, and you are the only one who can make the decision.
Do whatever is best for YOU is my advice.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:34 AM

Oh Pam, you really made me laught this morning! After my perm Thursday I can see me on an out of control scooter! LOL!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 AM

Yes, JJ I wear glasses and have a hearing aid, (and a rocking chair, now I just realized that I have become OLD, LOL) Love this forum! I', going to that show if I have to be carried in on a stretcher!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:38 AM

I would go ... and enjoy yourself ... just set it up with your friends that if they have something they want to see, that you not let it hold you back. I'd take the wheelchair, and when I went to the booth to see, I'd have a cane with me so I could stand up a bit and so that you can better without having to fight it ...

I'd play it by ear really :D GO HAVE FUN :D TAKE PICS! :D