Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the nicest thing that anyone has said... >

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

Old 07-09-2010, 06:33 PM

doing this I'm going to run out of kleenex!!! Seriously what a wonderful story of Love. Thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
I made a quilt for my sisters fiance' last year and sent it to him via postal service. I received a phone call a few days later from 'Red', I could barely make out what he was saying because he was crying so. He said that the quilt was too pretty and that he was going to put it away so that it wouldn't get ruined. I said you are NOT going to put it away, you are going to use it!! And everytime you use it you think of how much love was put into making that quilt and you will think of your future sister-in-law and know that she loves you. "Yes, ma'am" he said. I said you take it everywhere you go...the doctor visit, the hospital, for chemo treatment, where ever you go the quilt goes. HE said "okay" and could not thank me enough.

Sadly Red passed away not too long after that phone conversation.....but I will never forget that day.

I don't think there has ever been a more delightful time in my life where the true heart of love shown through. He touched my heart with his kind words and I felt the love of God through it all. I still get a knot in my throat thinking about that phone call.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Charity Quilter
I made a quilt for my sisters fiance' last year and sent it to him via postal service. I received a phone call a few days later from 'Red', I could barely make out what he was saying because he was crying so. He said that the quilt was too pretty and that he was going to put it away so that it wouldn't get ruined. I said you are NOT going to put it away, you are going to use it!! And everytime you use it you think of how much love was put into making that quilt and you will think of your future sister-in-law and know that she loves you. "Yes, ma'am" he said. I said you take it everywhere you go...the doctor visit, the hospital, for chemo treatment, where ever you go the quilt goes. HE said "okay" and could not thank me enough.

Sadly Red passed away not too long after that phone conversation.....but I will never forget that day.

I don't think there has ever been a more delightful time in my life where the true heart of love shown through. He touched my heart with his kind words and I felt the love of God through it all. I still get a knot in my throat thinking about that phone call.
Oh my goodness...sniff...that brought tears to my eyes...where are the blasted tissues...
What a touching story...that your love wrapped around him always and he knew it. Thank you for sharing.

So many of these stories are very touching, and all of them have been a joy to read. Now I know why I love quilting and quilters!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

I have been so lucky, everyone I've given a quilt to has said very nice words, not all the same words, but all nice words.
No way could I remember all the nice words nor who said them. I have given away so many, I just know all were very happy with them and love them.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM

When my father wanted to be burried in one of the western shirts I made him,wrapped in a quilt.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:41 PM

A dear friend of mine was dying of cancer, at home, and she didn't have family around her area. I drove to be with her, the last 2 weeks of her life, and in that time, I made a quilt , thick, warm ( she was freezing all the time those last weeks ), and as she had me cover her up tight, she started crying and told me that the quilt was the warmest thing she had ever felt, but not just because it was a quilt. She said it was the warmed hug of love that she wanted to be buried in when she was ready to meet the Lord.. and thats what she was wrapped in... A hug of Love.. I will always remember her words, until the day I die.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
A dear friend of mine was dying of cancer, at home, and she didn't have family around her area. I drove to be with her, the last 2 weeks of her life, and in that time, I made a quilt , thick, warm ( she was freezing all the time those last weeks ), and as she had me cover her up tight, she started crying and told me that the quilt was the warmest thing she had ever felt, but not just because it was a quilt. She said it was the warmed hug of love that she wanted to be buried in when she was ready to meet the Lord.. and thats what she was wrapped in... A hug of Love.. I will always remember her words, until the day I die.
What a wonderful friend you were to your friend...sniff..oh gosh, touches my heart.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aneternalpoet
And I will always remember this story, brings tears to my eyes but I think they are more for the joy you brought her.

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 PM

My favorite respoonse was about the quilt I'm making for my daughter and she said "your grandchildren will be conceived under this quilt, I'll never sleep without it."

Of course I still get a kick out of "you quilt?" with a look of absolute disbelief! What's up with that anyway???
Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 PM

I made my best friend's son and dil a red fleece baby quilt that you tie the nots in and appliqued firemen stuff like dalmations, water hydrant, etc. on it and my girlfriend told me that was the baby's favorite blankie, she sucked on the knots to help her go to sleep. She is 6 now and still takes it everywhere with her. Needless to say, it is a little tattered and worn.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:54 PM

not sure how my reply showed up three times, sorry for that to happen!