Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the nicest thing that anyone has said... >

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

Old 07-09-2010, 04:28 PM

I gave my nephew a quilt for his 4th bday back in February. Never heard from his parents, but my mil tells me his sister is real jealous and tries to take it away from him all the time. He can't sleep without it. So for her bday last month I sent one to her. I was told she thought it was the best gift ever. Now she won't have to be jealous of her brother's! I love the fact that they love them so much!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM

I moved my sewing area into the sunroom where my husband's recliner and T.V. is. Translation: We are in the same area when I am creating. He watched me build the jelly roll. He showed lots of interest. He watched me seam the strips. Very interested. When I made the sandwich he said "I really like that quilt. It reminds me of the ones my mom and those ladies made. They would go to each others house and make quilts while the kids were in school."
/Regards, Dorothy
Old 07-09-2010, 05:22 PM

I made my mom a Rose of Sharon, all hand appliqued and quilted. Couldn't wait to open pkg. She was soooo excited, I can't believe all those teeny tiny stitches. OML! :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 PM

I was told that my quilts can cure cancer. I made quilts on two different occasions for friends with the cancer diagnosis, and shortly after they both were cancer free. Justin still is, and about to start medical school. My friend Brian died, but he then said that the cancer came back because he stopped sleeping under the quilt. He was buried with the quilt. I couldn't stand to see it. He was only 39 years old.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

When we went on vacation and unpacked at the cabin one of DD suitcases had her queen size quilt in it. She told me she can't sleep without it. I'm glad she loves it so much.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
"Did you MAKE this?" Like there was no way possible I could have made something so lovely. (:
Yeah I get that a lot :lol: :lol:

The nicest thing is when they find out that it was made on a 100 year old machine and the look you get when they are holding a piece of living history.

Billy
Old 07-09-2010, 05:50 PM

My son was blown away when he saw my first quilt and always asks to see what I'm doing... finally, he says, I have time to be an artist after being a hard working single mom.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM

one of my students called me a saint! she said because she thinks i always try to do what I think is best for everyone and I give good advice! My life is now complete because of that child. lol
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I was told that my quilts can cure cancer. I made quilts on two different occasions for friends with the cancer diagnosis, and shortly after they both were cancer free. Justin still is, and about to start medical school. My friend Brian died, but he then said that the cancer came back because he stopped sleeping under the quilt. He was buried with the quilt. I couldn't stand to see it. He was only 39 years old.
OH MY GOSH!! sob sob sobbing!! What a touching story and a wonderful memory of your heart!!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

I made a quilt for my sisters fiance' last year and sent it to him via postal service. I received a phone call a few days later from 'Red', I could barely make out what he was saying because he was crying so. He said that the quilt was too pretty and that he was going to put it away so that it wouldn't get ruined. I said you are NOT going to put it away, you are going to use it!! And everytime you use it you think of how much love was put into making that quilt and you will think of your future sister-in-law and know that she loves you. "Yes, ma'am" he said. I said you take it everywhere you go...the doctor visit, the hospital, for chemo treatment, where ever you go the quilt goes. HE said "okay" and could not thank me enough.

Sadly Red passed away not too long after that phone conversation.....but I will never forget that day.

I don't think there has ever been a more delightful time in my life where the true heart of love shown through. He touched my heart with his kind words and I felt the love of God through it all. I still get a knot in my throat thinking about that phone call.