Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-09-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Dropped 2 lbs in 5 days… I cut back on my sodas and started drinking more water. I kept busy quilting and sewing. Made 3 Bow tucks and finished 1 quilt except for the binding. I stopped watching TV at night and instead I read or get on line and that keeps me from wanting to nibble. When I set and watch TV I find myself snacking on something. My goal is to totally get of the #$%^%$# sodas. I don’t just watch the foods am eating but learning what triggers my eating habit. Like sodas.. TV.. idleness ..boredom ..
Yippy, 2#'s in 5 days is great! I accidentally gave up soda on a long fast, when it was time to eat again I just couldn't stomach the soda. Now I only drink it occasionally with Rum :)

Soda is more difficult because it is a physical addition too. Coffee isn't bad for you, have you tried substituting that in order to get the caffine?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:10 AM

I control my dog's diet very carefully. The only people food they get is raw meat (50% of their diet), but yesterday was heartworm preventative day and the Chicken Alfredo helped the medicine go down. Don't worry, it was homemade so it wasn't 'a heart attack on a plate.' I've often said I wish someone would control my diet like I do Lily's and Moira's.

LaurieJo, giving up soda is one of the kindest things you will ever do for your body. It's wonderful that you are cutting down. How smart of you to remember to drink your water.

I'm looking forward to another good day - one day at a time!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Has anyone heard from Missy????????? She was going home I think Sunday and she hasn't been on since she told us about the hotel. Post if you hear from her or see her on hte board.
I am here! I have been unbelieveably busy since Sunday. I am also scheduled to attend another conference call at noon today. This one will only be for three hours thankfully.

As some of you know I am building a Peer Wellness Program for my local mental health clinic. It is a HUGE amount of work but if only one person lives longer than the current statistics then the work will all be worth it.

My mood is doing better each day and I no longer feel the urge to cut, so that is very good. The voices are still there but not to the extent that they were.

Last night I finished hand sewing down the binding on the quilt I am donating to the Festival of the Trees. I am hoping that I can get a good picture of it this morning when I take it to the woman coordinating the silent auction.

It is sooo cold here today and it is starting to snow. Holy moly it is happening sooner than I was hoping for. But such as it happens in the winter.

I got an email yesterday from a social worker that got wind of my desire to implement this peer wellness program. She lives in Baltimore and told me that she has all the information I would ever need to build this program brick by brick. Whoa. That really floored me that this woman heard about me and then offered to send me all of that information! I am so humbled that there are people that are hearing of my efforts and are willing to help me. Who would have thought that this little (or really very big) schizophrenic who had a burden to help her peers would garner such attention?!?!? Wow.

Anyway...I am sorry I have been MIA. I will work harder at being more involved. I promise Tru. Pinky swear even!

Missy
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 AM

When I was a child, and even in my teen years, soda was a treat, as was going out to dinner. Now, soda, potato chips, fast foods are a way of life for many people.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 AM

Missy, that is great! Should make the project go faster and with fewer hitches!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Has anyone heard from Missy????????? She was going home I think Sunday and she hasn't been on since she told us about the hotel. Post if you hear from her or see her on hte board.
I am here! I have been unbelieveably busy since Sunday. I am also scheduled to attend another conference call at noon today. This one will only be for three hours thankfully.

As some of you know I am building a Peer Wellness Program for my local mental health clinic. It is a HUGE amount of work but if only one person lives longer than the current statistics then the work will all be worth it.

My mood is doing better each day and I no longer feel the urge to cut, so that is very good. The voices are still there but not to the extent that they were.

Last night I finished hand sewing down the binding on the quilt I am donating to the Festival of the Trees. I am hoping that I can get a good picture of it this morning when I take it to the woman coordinating the silent auction.

It is sooo cold here today and it is starting to snow. Holy moly it is happening sooner than I was hoping for. But such as it happens in the winter.

I got an email yesterday from a social worker that got wind of my desire to implement this peer wellness program. She lives in Baltimore and told me that she has all the information I would ever need to build this program brick by brick. Whoa. That really floored me that this woman heard about me and then offered to send me all of that information! I am so humbled that there are people that are hearing of my efforts and are willing to help me. Who would have thought that this little (or really very big) schizophrenic who had a burden to help her peers would garner such attention?!?!? Wow.

Anyway...I am sorry I have been MIA. I will work harder at being more involved. I promise Tru. Pinky swear even!

Missy
Missy....
I am so proud of you girl... YOU are making a huge difference in this world.. DON"T ever let anyone or anything tell you otherwise. {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
Loeta
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Caroltee
Dropped 2 lbs in 5 days… I cut back on my sodas and started drinking more water. I kept busy quilting and sewing. Made 3 Bow tucks and finished 1 quilt except for the binding. I stopped watching TV at night and instead I read or get on line and that keeps me from wanting to nibble. When I set and watch TV I find myself snacking on something. My goal is to totally get of the #$%^%$# sodas. I don’t just watch the foods am eating but learning what triggers my eating habit. Like sodas.. TV.. idleness ..boredom ..
That's great. Good for you---I can get thru the day now w/o snacking; however, when I sit down to sew, I like to have something to nibble on. So, since I am on WW, I get their specialty pretzel thins and that's what I nibble on. They last me a long time rather than eating cookies or something like that.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Banned

Missy it is OK that you are not here as often as you were however You would be here several time a day and when days go by and there is no Missy post I worry.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 AM

does anyone know of a good website to ASK medical questions?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Missy, that is great! Should make the project go faster and with fewer hitches!
Thank you so much!! I really hope it helps it go faster!

Missy