Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by JenBlossom
This one was a lot of work and unsewing but it's finally done. Somehow my tree ended up a little off from the pattern but I made it work. Some wonkiness going on but hopefully not too noticeable!
Great job. Love those fluffy pink curtains.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by bailey
OK, here is my farmhouse - looking like it's close to Christmas and there is a visitor in the woods!
I love all the wonderful blocks being posted. All so creative and so different from each other.
Very unique and creative. Like it alot.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:02 AM

I use a zig zag stitch, with the stitch length and width reduced down to .5 or on another type of machine where you just reduce it down to practically nothing. I use clear thread on top and bobbin thread on bottom. This puts one stitch on the applique and one stitch in your background and hardly shows.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
PKWard.......Thanks for posting the Tutorial!!!

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

That is the way I learned to PP. Only instead of scoring with the seam ripper, I use a tracing wheel and lightly go over the lines before folding them all like in the tut. Also I use a "1/4 inch" ruler that has a little lip on it to go up next to the folded paper to cut the 1/4 inch seam. (the picture below). Another perk to this tutorial, is that you can use the pattern possibly up to 4 times before it won't stick down any more since you are not sewing on the lines, only sewing just next to them. Also saves from having to rip all the paper from the stitching.

GREAT TUTORIAL!
Great Ideas! I was wondering if maybe going over the sewn lines with the tracing wheel would be good as well... I will have to try that, but first I will have to locate the tracing wheel! Or buy another!!

Thanks for the helps!

Sharon
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Originally Posted by sew cornie
I finished my farmhouse today. I'd thought about skipping this one because, not knowing my final layout, I wasn't sure I wanted to have any grass or trees, or if I only wanted houses themselves in my quilt. I'm so glad I made it anyway. I really love how it turned out.

I used to bypass any quilt pattern that had pp because I didn't know how to do it and was too intimidated to give it a try. After these first two BOM blocks, I now feel confident that I could try just about anything that comes my way. I think that's really added to my fun here. :-D :-D
Gorgeous with a capital G! love both of your blocks! Stunning!
Thank you for being such a great cheerleader for us! You always have encouraging words to share! :-D :-D
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
sew cornie...

i love your plaid house blocks!!!! it gives the blocks a wonderful theme!!!
i really really love your work!! great job!!
Thanks so much! I love anything plaid and I've been saving them for some time now. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to use them. I've also made an enlargement of a picture of my own house and I'll start appliqueing (sp?) that later this month to go into my quilt as well.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Hey Sharon...

I thought I was going to have to buy a new tracing wheel, but I found mine!!! It works great to use the tracing wheel...much faster!

Paula

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
PKWard.......Thanks for posting the Tutorial!!!

http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

That is the way I learned to PP. Only instead of scoring with the seam ripper, I use a tracing wheel and lightly go over the lines before folding them all like in the tut. Also I use a "1/4 inch" ruler that has a little lip on it to go up next to the folded paper to cut the 1/4 inch seam. (the picture below). Another perk to this tutorial, is that you can use the pattern possibly up to 4 times before it won't stick down any more since you are not sewing on the lines, only sewing just next to them. Also saves from having to rip all the paper from the stitching.

GREAT TUTORIAL!
Great Ideas! I was wondering if maybe going over the sewn lines with the tracing wheel would be good as well... I will have to try that, but first I will have to locate the tracing wheel! Or buy another!!

Thanks for the helps!

Sharon
Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bailey
OK, here is my farmhouse - looking like it's close to Christmas and there is a visitor in the woods!
I love all the wonderful blocks being posted. All so creative and so different from each other.
Baily I love the way your block came out so very pretty and very creative. You guys are doing a great job.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Here's mine.

I wanted to put something in the empty area and thought back to the days when, as one of the kids, it was our job to keep the cockatoos out of the orchard on my aunty's farm. That brings back fond memories of a different time and lifestyle.

February 2011 BOM Farmhouse
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138783[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138778.jpe  
Old 02-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Here is my farmhouse block. The Christmas block is a hard one to follow.

Helen's Farmhouse Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138873[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138868.jpe