Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

Blog Entries

1 February 2012 BOM Pictures

Here is a picture of February's BOM that I made. I hope you like the pattern and I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Name:  February BOM.jpg
Views: 3419
Size:  244.9 KB
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Here is a picture of February's BOM that I made. I hope you like the pattern and I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Name:  February BOM.jpg
Views: 3419
Size:  244.9 KB
    Ronda,
    Your February 2012 BOM is just so cute!! You have done a great job & I thank you for picking this darling pattern & posting for all of us to view. I think everyone is going to love it!!
    Sulabug
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries

Here is my February 2012 BOM.

Hi Everyone,
    Here is how I put this February block together. I also used two kitty blocks & two D9P blocks to make the 12 1/2 inch size. There are so many ways that you can put this block together & I can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with. Let's have fun with this one!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gorgeous blocks Ronda and Sulabug! I LOVE the rose fabric Ronda used. Sulabug, your color combination is lovely, I wouldn't have thought of combining purple and pink but it's just beautiful!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Gorgeous blocks Ronda and Sulabug! I LOVE the rose fabric Ronda used. Sulabug, your color combination is lovely, I wouldn't have thought of combining purple and pink but it's just beautiful!
    Anael..........Thank you for your kind words re:my block. February makes me think of the birth stone Amethyst. It is such a pretty deep, rich purple color & I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Here is how I put this February block together. I also used two kitty blocks & two D9P blocks to make the 12 1/2 inch size. There are so many ways that you can put this block together & I can hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with. Let's have fun with this one!!
    SulaBug, I love what you did with Feb's Block...those were some of my mother's favorite colors.
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    SulaBug, your kitty charms are simply adorable! Love your block!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Thank you Anael! I don't remember where I got that small piece, but it's gone now. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Ronda

Beautiful blocks Ronda and Salabug. Can't wait to try it.
    Carolyn

Blog Entries
    very cute block
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Very Cute, both of them. Sulabug, is there a tutorial that you recommend for the disapperaing 9-patch? I have never made one but I love how it looks.

Just printed out my pattern and looked at the two already posted. Guess I've got to get into high gear and get goin'!! Both posted kittys are wonderful. Love the colors on both - the charms on Sulabugs, cute. AddieLou - for your disappearing 9-patch - simple - just make the 9-patch, trim it smooth, then cut it once vertically and once horizontally. Then turn each quarter piece, looking at the resulting block from those turns and checking out the one you like the most. Or turn just the opposite corner quarter pieces and check out that design as well. Have fun with it.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

That is so neat-i like it.
    Carol

Blog Entries
    Both are beautiful blocks! Sulabug I love the little tags and ribbon you put on your kitties! I look forward to working on this one also!
    Helen T.

I love both your blocks. I love the flower print on Rhonda;s and I love how Salabug reversed the colors on the kitties. Great colors too.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Wow, Cats, right up my alley, as I have 2 spoiled ones. Can't wait to do this block and it's paper pieced. 2 of my favorite things.....Life is good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
    SulaBug, I love what you did with Feb's Block...those were some of my mother's favorite colors.
    Lynn........thank you for the compliment of my color's. This just must be a clue why you need to make these blocks in her memory. Good luck with your February block. We will be watching to see your finished block.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AddieLou View Post
    Very Cute, both of them. Sulabug, is there a tutorial that you recommend for the disapperaing 9-patch? I have never made one but I love how it looks.
    Addielou............I just sent you a PM about the tutorial.
    Sulabug

great job. beautiful work. can't wait to get started.

I can't find the pattern to download and print off. Can you post the link? I went to another thread and couldn't find it there either. Sorry.

Can you post the link so I can print it? I just haven't been able to find my way around here very well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    Just printed out my pattern and looked at the two already posted. Guess I've got to get into high gear and get goin'!! Both posted kittys are wonderful. Love the colors on both - the charms on Sulabugs, cute. AddieLou - for your disappearing 9-patch - simple - just make the 9-patch, trim it smooth, then cut it once vertically and once horizontally. Then turn each quarter piece, looking at the resulting block from those turns and checking out the one you like the most. Or turn just the opposite corner quarter pieces and check out that design as well. Have fun with it.

Here is mine..simple just enlarged to make it 11x11 and will border later when I put together...
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's pretty, Hobbycat, I love the materials.
    Andii

Hobbykat, Love your choice of fabrics. I too enlarged mine (150 %) & will add borders to make it the right size. Haven't gone through my stash yet

Blog Entries
    Love the kitties posted! Great use of color in all. I have only one kitty pieced for 2 reasons:
    1. Can't decide what to do in the other sections of the block.
    2. While piecing my kitty I realized I had a pin missing. My real life kitty likes to grab them and run so I am VERY careful with my pins. A missing pin caused a stop in the action and a search. Couldn't find the pin so tried to finish block but my iron was acting funny. Not gliding and kind of grabbing the material. Yep - you guessed it! My missing pin was melted onto the bottom of my iron!!! Had to clean iron, apologize to real life kitty for accusing her of stealing a pin and prying her mouth open... So, my Feb. block is not finished. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.
    Last edited by lovelyl; 02-01-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... LastLast