Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

Blog Entries

1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    First glance says this might not work up to 6" (finished). Did you change % to print it?
    Kris

Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I printed the pattern out and mine comes to 6" with no problems.

I just printed the pattern...thanks Ronda!
    Lynn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    I'm so sorry you guys are having difficulty printing the pattern. I went in and printed my pattern again to measure it and see what's up and it prints perfectly to 6 inches (6 1/2 with seam allowances). But I have no scaling marked also on my print settings...have you looked at that perhaps? I hope that can help maybe?
    Ronda

Sometimes it depends on your browser...I used Firefox and it printed perfect.
    Lynn

I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.
    When Firefox doesn't work for me, I use Internet Explorer...
    Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!
    Very cute feb. block . thanks Mary
    Mary

Thank you Mine printed 6 inches so I am happy with that. The instructions are another issue for me. My printer does not print all the pages so I had to write some of the instructions by hand. That is just my weird machine. The pattern is so adorable. Now to think what material I will use to make it in.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Thanks this will be a fun block! can't wait to get started. been sick so i am behind... will catch up though..

Quote Originally Posted by buttonmorph View Post
    Thanks this will be a fun block! can't wait to get started. been sick so i am behind... will catch up though..
    Hope you're feeling better...I just started working on my block.
    Lynn

What a lovely block and my favorite subject - cats. I have printed all the instructions and will start on it this weekend. Thanks for posting.

Blog Entries
    I'm glad that most of you are having no problems printing out your patterns. So glad the block design is working for people. I adored it when I found it on the internet & knew it just had to be the one!
    Ronda

dd
    Mine didn't print right either ~ sigh~. Mine came out to 5 5/8". I printed one at 100% and another at 125% but they both came out the same. I have never had any trouble before. Guess I will have to take it to work and play around with the enlargements on the copier.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    Love the block. Can't wait to get started on it. Thanks!
    I'm too blest to be stressed. Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Mine didn't print right either ~ sigh~. Mine came out to 5 5/8". I printed one at 100% and another at 125% but they both came out the same. I have never had any trouble before. Guess I will have to take it to work and play around with the enlargements on the copier.
    I'm having the same issues-I've tried 2 browsers and 3 printers and I can't get it to work. I've tried printing at various % zoom and it does not change.

Blog Entries
    what a cute block! can't wait to get started on it!
    I quilt for my sanity!

I'm using Internet Explorer and I print with Page Scaling on "None" and it comes out at 6" exactly.

I hope that may be helpful to someone.

to all who are having problems with the pattern sizes, Chek the square with a ruler,,,then scale the zoom % until you get to the exact 1" match. The printed page should be correct. Good Luck, Jean OK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean OK View Post
    to all who are having problems with the pattern sizes, Chek the square with a ruler,,,then scale the zoom % until you get to the exact 1" match. The printed page should be correct. Good Luck, Jean OK
    Thank You Jean Ok for the great tip. We need all of the help that we can get from everyone, when it comes to making the pattern's turn out the right size!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee View Post
    I'm using Internet Explorer and I print with Page Scaling on "None" and it comes out at 6" exactly.

I hope that may be helpful to someone.
    That was exactly the problem with mine....when I hit print, it said something about shrinking to size. When I changed the page scaling to 'none,' it was perfect! Thanks!
    Kris

Good job thomp

Ronda, don't worry. I made it work, changed some printer settings and it's 6" now. Non scaling was on but I used 'page settings from PDF file' as well and now it's working just fine.
    I love cats and always wanted to make one (or more) but never did so now I'm finally making cats Thanks for this lovely block!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast