Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: 1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

  1. #1
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4

    1 February 2012 BOM Pattern & Discussion

    SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!
    Ronda





  2. #2
    Senior Member thomp116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southwest New York
    Posts
    692
    Blog Entries
    1
    First glance says this might not work up to 6" (finished). Did you change % to print it?
    Kris

  3. #3
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



  4. #4
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    I printed the pattern out and mine comes to 6" with no problems.

  5. #5
    Super Member Surfergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    1,069
    I just printed the pattern...thanks Ronda!
    Lynn

  6. #6
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Thanks Ronda for the beautiful February block! I printed the foundation pattern and it's not 6" but 6 1/4" x 6 1/2" finished. As thomp asked, did you change your printer settings?
    I'm so sorry you guys are having difficulty printing the pattern. I went in and printed my pattern again to measure it and see what's up and it prints perfectly to 6 inches (6 1/2 with seam allowances). But I have no scaling marked also on my print settings...have you looked at that perhaps? I hope that can help maybe?
    Ronda





  7. #7
    Super Member Surfergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    1,069
    Sometimes it depends on your browser...I used Firefox and it printed perfect.
    Lynn

  8. #8
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



  9. #9
    Super Member Surfergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    I use Firefox also and mine's too big. My printer settings are ok too, I have no idea why this is happening.
    When Firefox doesn't work for me, I use Internet Explorer...
    Lynn

  10. #10
    Super Member lawsonmugs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    7,277
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    SulaBug gave me the month of February and the pattern I picked is the Heart Cat Pattern from Bella Online. Here is the link to the site. http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1667.asp. It is a six inch paper pieced pattern, so I chose to make 2 kitty blocks and also made two simple 6" nine patch blocks and sewed the four blocks together to make my 12 1/2" block. For the nine patch blocks I used 2 1/2" squares. You may do something similar or change it up any way you choose. You can go to the picture thread to see what I did and I can't wait to see what everyone decides to do with this block! Have fun and thank you SulaBug for letting me pick this month's pattern!
    Very cute feb. block . thanks Mary
    Mary

  11. #11
    Super Member urgodschild2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    1,712
    Thank you Mine printed 6 inches so I am happy with that. The instructions are another issue for me. My printer does not print all the pages so I had to write some of the instructions by hand. That is just my weird machine. The pattern is so adorable. Now to think what material I will use to make it in.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

  12. #12
    Member buttonmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    MINOT, ND
    Posts
    3
    Thanks this will be a fun block! can't wait to get started. been sick so i am behind... will catch up though..

  13. #13
    Super Member Surfergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by buttonmorph View Post
    Thanks this will be a fun block! can't wait to get started. been sick so i am behind... will catch up though..
    Hope you're feeling better...I just started working on my block.
    Lynn

  14. #14
    Super Member Rumbols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,326
    What a lovely block and my favorite subject - cats. I have printed all the instructions and will start on it this weekend. Thanks for posting.

  15. #15
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    I'm glad that most of you are having no problems printing out your patterns. So glad the block design is working for people. I adored it when I found it on the internet & knew it just had to be the one!
    Ronda





  16. #16
    dd
    dd is offline
    Super Member dd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,744
    Mine didn't print right either ~ sigh~. Mine came out to 5 5/8". I printed one at 100% and another at 125% but they both came out the same. I have never had any trouble before. Guess I will have to take it to work and play around with the enlargements on the copier.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sew Krazy Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oceanside, Calif
    Posts
    577
    Blog Entries
    1
    Love the block. Can't wait to get started on it. Thanks!
    I'm too blest to be stressed. Amen to that!

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    Mine didn't print right either ~ sigh~. Mine came out to 5 5/8". I printed one at 100% and another at 125% but they both came out the same. I have never had any trouble before. Guess I will have to take it to work and play around with the enlargements on the copier.
    I'm having the same issues-I've tried 2 browsers and 3 printers and I can't get it to work. I've tried printing at various % zoom and it does not change.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Kim Bohannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    876
    Blog Entries
    1
    what a cute block! can't wait to get started on it!
    I quilt for my sanity!

  20. #20
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    I'm using Internet Explorer and I print with Page Scaling on "None" and it comes out at 6" exactly.

    I hope that may be helpful to someone.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Yukon OK
    Posts
    31
    to all who are having problems with the pattern sizes, Chek the square with a ruler,,,then scale the zoom % until you get to the exact 1" match. The printed page should be correct. Good Luck, Jean OK

  22. #22
    Power Poster SulaBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in SANTA Land.
    Posts
    10,134
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean OK View Post
    to all who are having problems with the pattern sizes, Chek the square with a ruler,,,then scale the zoom % until you get to the exact 1" match. The printed page should be correct. Good Luck, Jean OK
    Thank You Jean Ok for the great tip. We need all of the help that we can get from everyone, when it comes to making the pattern's turn out the right size!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

  23. #23
    Senior Member thomp116's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southwest New York
    Posts
    692
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deecee View Post
    I'm using Internet Explorer and I print with Page Scaling on "None" and it comes out at 6" exactly.

    I hope that may be helpful to someone.
    That was exactly the problem with mine....when I hit print, it said something about shrinking to size. When I changed the page scaling to 'none,' it was perfect! Thanks!
    Kris

  24. #24
    Super Member Deecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Good job thomp

  25. #25
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    Ronda, don't worry. I made it work, changed some printer settings and it's 6" now. Non scaling was on but I used 'page settings from PDF file' as well and now it's working just fine.
    I love cats and always wanted to make one (or more) but never did so now I'm finally making cats Thanks for this lovely block!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.