Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail >

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

Old 12-27-2021, 06:30 AM

Hi SuzSLO and any one else using Acuquilt dies.

I was perplexed these past few days in using my (basic) dies and GO but ever so thankful to have a start with the cutting and piecing....with the absence of the " dog ears". Of course, the raw measurement was not correct.
I am hoping that the clue 5 directions will be my solutions.

SuzSLO when you have a chance to disclose are you mostly using the 9" or 12" combo set. Do not wish to be more specific but this may be something to place on order in the near future.

No urgency in replying we are practicing caution in not being specific.

Or maybe the pm system will 'work' for me later

Last edited by phatquilts2; 12-27-2021 at 06:38 AM. Reason: added sentence
Old 12-27-2021, 07:14 AM

So I spent all day yesterday listening to music and watching the snow come down and trimming my previous steps. Feels good to be caught up, but for those who are not the good thing is that the fabric can wait. This week is a reasonably light one as well. Last year Clue 7 was the reveal, not sure if the New Year's clue will be the last or not.

As a reminder, in addition to no numbers or counts, Bonnie asks us to not show our thoughts on the final reveal early either. I have my suspicions of what is to come and figured those pre-cut squares would come back this week. And they did -- but not in the way I expected!

I'm happy to be back into the pinks, I found a purple (part of my pinks) I really wanted to use in this project but it had gotten buried by the yellows, now I have a chance to use it!

We are going to get a Covid test for hubby before he goes back to work, I have no symptoms and we think he is just a cold (we are both vaccinated but are just now due our boosters), but as they say "over-abundance of caution is warrented". Getting to the test may be an issue, we are pretty well snowed in right now. This is the view from my dining room sliders -- my cutting area is on the table so this is my view. The little black spot in the middle is Prini (who came to us as Princess but get a rank upgrade to Queenie Chiweenie and a new name). Snow goes up to her tummy now and she is not amused!
Attached Thumbnails 100_6259.jpg  
Old 12-27-2021, 07:20 AM

Iceblossom, look at your snow! Wow! Thank you for the reminder to not share what we think the final reveal is going to be. I sure wont because I dont have a clue! Lol. I am not one of those who can see the whole picture so to speak. Fun for me because it is always a surprise. In past times I would be disappointed when there was those who were very clever and would post pictures of what they though it was. Well off to do some cutting. I didnt do all the neutrals yet. Must get them done for this clue.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I really like this week's clue!
Iceblossom- I love your snow pic. We have rain- ugh, not at all pretty!
I won't get caught sharing what I think about these clues since I have no idea what it will look like haha. I never do.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:37 AM

I like the new clue too, and it makes me a tad bit more confident of my decision to use teal/neutral for my hourglasses. It feels like a good balance.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:42 AM

IceBlossom, Your snow looks like the stuff we got in Minnesota! Thick and nice and fluffy. Right now it is slowing down but looks like maybe will pick up again and finally move out of here around 6 pm. Looking at my sister's house from my window, she as about a 3 foot drift in front of her back yard. Yikes. good thing everyone is retired around here. My short legged dog made is trip out this morning and had no interest in going anywhere near the door yet. He is such a whimp! of course he is 11.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by phatquilts2 View Post
Hi SuzSLO and any one else using Acuquilt dies.

….
Or maybe the pm system will 'work' for me later
The Accuquilt Qube is based on a 4 patch of pieced blocks, which mean if you know the finished size of a unit, the Qube size is twice that finished size. To double check, click on a Qube on AQ and it will list all the dies (along with the finished size of the unit).

You may need to enable your private messaging. Click on your user name. Then click on User CP on the left of the ribbon bar. That will open your Control Panel. Scroll down to “Settings and Options” and under that, click on “Edit Options.” Scroll down until you see Private Messaging and click the first box to enable private messaging. Hope that helps.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Can someone pm me the die for this week's clue? Thanks
Old 12-27-2021, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Keep in mind that this is a more traditional pudding, nothing like Jello pudding. It is steamed in a double boiler
Cranberry Pudding 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp soda, 1/2 teas salt, 1/2 c boiling water, 1/2 c molasses, 2 c cranberries, 1/2 flour. Into a greased double boiler mix the first 5 ingredients in order given, then add the cranberries which have been cut in halves and mixed with 1/2 c flour. Steam in double boiler for 3 hours. Turn pudding onto a platter. For sauce it is 1 c butter, 1 c brown sugar, 1 c heavy cream. Make sauce by creaming sugar and butter together in saucepan and slowly add cream and heat on stove. Serve sauce separately. Serves 6-8.
Thank you for posting this! I am a cranberry nut and this sounds great.

I am impressed with all the progress you all are making on this quilt! Iceblossom, love your snow but I feel for your puppy....
Old 12-27-2021, 09:05 AM

Iceblossom Lovely picture! Your pup does not look pleased.

I just laid a few representatives of each clue out in a jumble on my planned blue to see if a switch to teal was needed. I think I am happy. I am going to attempt to post a picture as I need the practice!

Attached Thumbnails 1a6f2041-94cd-4da6-ab5c-8a9256bc6dbe.jpeg