Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011 >

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Funky Dawg Swap-closed - Mail Date August 15, 2011

Old 07-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltpd
I WANt one of EACH of the blocks I have seen !!! I love them all. And, OOPS, I machine sewed buttons on one of my sets. Hope those that get them won't be too upset about the buttons !
Yeah, I did the same thing, but with the eyes, I went and bought some of those funny eyes, for my mouse and glued them on, I'm pretty sure they can be sewed around, I just got through washing them to see if they will stay on, and they did and waiting for them to dry so I can press them, bag them and get them in the mail Tuesday! I will have to remember to put the extra's in a bag so they can add after the quilt it...Sorry I will do better next time...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19
ok fellas... I have a block, but need input. Would this work for this swap or should I put it in the sunbonnet sue swap? I am in both so it doesn't matter which one, but seems I can't decide....
Brookemarie, I would love to have one for this swap, or the sunbonnet sue swap, either one works for me...LOL
Old 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

OK ladies...it seems that the concensys is that embellishments are ok for most of us as we can work around them. So...those of you who have added them...don't worry.

Those of you who have a problem with them...please post (or send me a PM if you would rather let me know that way) that you would rather have blocks without and I will make a note of it and try to only give you blocks without added embellishment. See....Problem solved! LOL!
Old 07-23-2011, 11:40 PM

Woohoo :-)
I have 7 sets ready to go. I might see if I can squeeze out another set, but I doubt it. I have a wedding quilt to make by September :-S.

Anyway theres (all FINISHED sizes, with the 1/4" seam allowance round all)
3 sets that are 6*6
1 set of 9*9
1 set of 12*6
1 set of 9*6
1 set of 3*9

I've posted photos of 4 of them, but I'll try to get photos of the others soon.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by quiltpd
I WANt one of EACH of the blocks I have seen !!! I love them all. And, OOPS, I machine sewed buttons on one of my sets. Hope those that get them won't be too upset about the buttons !
Yeah, I did the same thing, but with the eyes, I went and bought some of those funny eyes, for my mouse and glued them on, I'm pretty sure they can be sewed around, I just got through washing them to see if they will stay on, and they did and waiting for them to dry so I can press them, bag them and get them in the mail Tuesday! I will have to remember to put the extra's in a bag so they can add after the quilt it...Sorry I will do better next time...
Oops I think I posted this on the wrong Swap...LOL Should of said it on the Funky Farm Swap so I havent messed up yet...LOL
Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

NO problem Donna....all the funky swaps are sisters ya' know..... LOL!

Sazu....wow!! You have been busy girl! Can't wait to see your newest blocks! I need to finish quilting the one I have out right now and get back to my dawg blocks!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:26 PM

OH MY GOSH!! I have just looked through ALL 29 pages and these are stinkin' ADORABLE! I am a cat person (is that allowed on this thread? lol-j/k) but my son would LOVE a funky dog quilt. I don't know if I will have the time though before 8/15---I will try to work on some and we'll see if I get them done. If so, I'll sign up ;)
GREAT WORK ladies!!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Oh good kysmommy! The sets are only 6 each...so its doable! Heck, I have to whip up another couple of sets before the end date too! LOL!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Sazu....wow!! You have been busy girl! Can't wait to see your newest blocks! I need to finish quilting the one I have out right now and get back to my dawg blocks!
There's a couple in particular I've got my fingers crossed for hoping to get. Hopefully 7 sets will be enough :s

Plus I need enough to keep the kitties in check on the journey home :)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:49 AM

I am signed up and all, just have to finish sewing them up. They are on the table waiting for me to finish. I wanted to make them 12.5 blocks. I will have four sets. Will try one more, but not sure on time. I wanted to do a dog accessory. Since working on cat quilt, I find that having a couple of odd items that apply to cats would have been nice to have. So if works out, will whip up something along that line. Just have to see on time.