20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride >

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

20th Mystery Quilt Train Ride

Old 10-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

We won't let them get ya Dsenters. lol
Old 10-24-2018, 04:50 PM

Thanks Mary,
There is a group here in NYC making quilts for 9/11 families. If the top washes out ok, it will go there.
I had to order color catchers. None here locally but I'm an Amazon Prime fan. Stay tuned!!
Old 10-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Susie - I console myself at something like that, thinking, "well ... it could have been a lot worse!"
Judy, so true!! It could have been a lot worse. Got some stitching done late this afternoon. Will post soon
Old 10-24-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Belfry, your flimsy looks great! Love it.
But your attachment won't open and we'd love to see it. Please try a different way to post.
Thanks. I'm still dithering with whether to add sashing or not. I'm not sure what happened to the picture of the medallion quilt center as it posted earlier. I'm attaching it again. It measures 30" and the completed quilt will be 65", so there's a long way to go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]603017[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails medallion-quilt-center.jpg  

Last edited by Belfrybat; 10-24-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Bel- that is a gorgeous block!!!
Old 10-25-2018, 06:03 AM
RJ

Originally Posted by craftyjulz View Post
Dotty, reds are so hard with bleeding. I hope the color catchers work. Let us know bc I have a quilt I know I’m going to need to use them with soon too. I’m scared my one solid red is going to bleed over & since this is my big personal project of making my own paper pieced blocks & putting them together into a special quilt it’ll really be upsetting. Has anyone tried using a cold water & vinegar wash cycle first with a quilt they thought might run before?
You know Dotty, if you put another red, white, blue, or gold border on this quilt it could be a considered a Quilt of Valor I think.
JanieW, I love your block. I can’t wait to see it with them put together & how the secondary pattern looks.
dd, you might want to add some color catchers too with all that red. Do you have any tricks to keep fabric from bleeding? I think your recipient is going to love your quilt!
RJ Very nice. Yours was the flannel quilt right? Your colors all go together so well. It’s a very soothing palate.
Carol in WI How’d you get your blocks to match like that?! That’s cool that the ones you have laid out are in different colorways. Are all of them going to be that way or are some going to be more scrappy looking?
Everyone is doing such a fantastic job. Leslie, I’m sure you’re quilt looks fine. We’re usually our hardest critique!

Julz
Yes, Julz---they are flannels--hope to finish it up this weekend
Old 10-25-2018, 06:05 AM
RJ

love your color choices Dsenters
Old 10-25-2018, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by craftyjulz View Post
Dotty, reds are so hard with bleeding. I hope the color catchers work. Let us know bc I have a quilt I know I’m going to need to use them with soon too. I’m scared my one solid red is going to bleed over & since this is my big personal project of making my own paper pieced blocks & putting them together into a special quilt it’ll really be upsetting. Has anyone tried using a cold water & vinegar wash cycle first with a quilt they thought might run before?
You know Dotty, if you put another red, white, blue, or gold border on this quilt it could be a considered a Quilt of Valor I think.
JanieW, I love your block. I can’t wait to see it with them put together & how the secondary pattern looks.
dd, you might want to add some color catchers too with all that red. Do you have any tricks to keep fabric from bleeding? I think your recipient is going to love your quilt!
RJ Very nice. Yours was the flannel quilt right? Your colors all go together so well. It’s a very soothing palate.
Carol in WI How’d you get your blocks to match like that?! That’s cool that the ones you have laid out are in different colorways. Are all of them going to be that way or are some going to be more scrappy looking?
Everyone is doing such a fantastic job. Leslie, I’m sure you’re quilt looks fine. We’re usually our hardest critique!

Julz
Hi Julz ~ that is the result of my "controlled scrappy" method. The recipient wanted red and turquoise so the majority of my fabrics are those colors and then I added others that I thought complimented them with the thoughts of going completely uncontrolled. I'm just finishing up sewing them and have no clue of how it will all sort out in the end, but hopefully I won't have to make more blocks to carry this through. Thanks for asking. I love everyone's blocks and am amazed at the variety and how different the pattern can look. The scrappy sashes are so unique.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:43 AM

Default thank you, thank you, thank you!

Carol in Wi, Dotty and Angelia, thank you all so much for the lovely fabrics your sent. They are truly appreciated. My back has been out for over a week now, and hadn't been to the mail box until this morning so hope you didn't think they hadn't arrived.

Carol, I will use your fabrics in a fall table runner my daughter asked me to make. She was here when I opened the package and she drooled a bit

Dotty, I absolutely love love love the polka dots. Did you know I have a love of these lovely dots? You sent me some silver and white large dots a while ago and they were perfect for a project I was working on.

Angelia, again you have sent me a gift I truly love. The charms are gorgeous, got a great idea of what I want to do with them. MSQC posted a new pattern of flowers.
Attached Thumbnails img_3600.jpg  

Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-25-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:13 AM

You are very welcome! Thanks for the mystery.