Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES >

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

JAN 15 2011 STARS BOM - PICTURES

Old 01-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by deema
This is my very first BOM and my first star block! :D These fabrics are from Connecting Threads' After Hours line. I'm using this line of fabric to make a quilt for *ME*. For my *ME* quilt, I couldn't decide on the "perfect" pattern...so I decided to do a sampler of all of the blocks I just like or want to try. This, my very first star, my very first BOM block, is the VERY FIRST block for my *ME* quilt!!
That is very pretty fabric. Great looking star!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by rudiemom
Finally finished! This is my first picture posting, hope it works!
Love your colour choices. Very pretty!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:40 PM

This is my very first BOM and my first star block! :D These fabrics are from Connecting Threads' After Hours line. I'm using this line of fabric to make a quilt for *ME*. For my *ME* quilt, I couldn't decide on the "perfect" pattern...so I decided to do a sampler of all of the blocks I just like or want to try. This, my very first star, my very first BOM block, is the VERY FIRST block for my *ME* quilt!!
Wonderful! Just love the colours in your block!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie
Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
I would like to share my first friendship star with you all. Cannot believe the wonderful variety already displayed and looking forward to seeing the rest. :P 12" square is very BIG :shock: did not realise until i finished this block. Hmmm going to have to rethink my materials
Your star is gorgeous! Love the fabrics! :D
BizzieLizzie thank you :D for taking a personnel interest in all our blocks. It is very encouraging and i would love to participate in another of your shared projects in future. This is my second one. I am at the moment putting the last touches to Clue 5 of the Faerie Stones mystery quilt. Really enjoyed that one. Lots more work :lol: but could find the time to do the STARS which i am so very happy and excited about as well. Will be a Christmas present - am thinking my sister as i have made my daughters and mom and dad all quilts and her a wall hanging only. Have a wonderful day ;)
Hi there! Cuddly Quilter thank you for your nice message. I feel that everyone has made such an effort and the variety in fabric choices is just fabulous! Everyone deserves credit where it's due and creativity should always be encouraged.

I have been in a group where my creativity was looked on with negativity from a particular member and that took the joy away from the creative process. It has left me with a 9 year old UFO which I must try and encourage myself to complete some day. This is why I try to encourage people because we are all vulnerable when trying out new things.

I have not started a project, still new to QB. I cannot dedicate the time to one due to work commitments, perhaps in the future and I would love to have your company and anyone who may be interested. I am relatively new to patchwork and quilting and love experimenting with things! :roll: Perhaps I can join one of yours if you have any going?

This is the 2nd BOM and I have never joined one before, its exciting and all so new! As you have mentioned, it is just lovely to see so much like mindedness and positive feedback. It is a nice feeling to be able to lift someone up when they need it and a comfort to know that there is someone there for me should I need it! Sorry for the long windedness! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are certainly keeping occupied! Will you be posting your mystery quilt when it's done? I would love to see it if you are going to please, if that is ok with you? Take care and best wishes. :thumbup: :-D :-D :-D
Old 01-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by lindyline
Very pretty Judy, here's mine.
Did I mention I love stars??
Will definitely be making another color combination of this one.
Love the bright yellow Lindyline. I'm also thinking about doing a set with a black background and bright stars. I just love stars.

Here is another one I have done. This is a variation (just added half-square triangles at the corners) but it makes it look totally different. You can also do a variation by adding a four patch at the corners. All kinds of things to do with this star.

Can't wait to see other pictures.
that is beautiful...love the sharp contrast. have not seen frreindship star with those hst corners before...gotta do that :)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by cla8655
hello, am new here, and I will like to know where do I have to go to get the patterns for the BOM. I love what you all have done, and I will like to know if I can join in. thanks
http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FriendshipStarBlock.html

That link will take you to a pattern for this month's block. :D

Never too late to join! :D :D I decided to do it today! lol
well am working on mines now, will post later, thank you for the information to you all
Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 PM

I've decided I will join this year's BOM too. I love Stars. Wonder what the next one will be???
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168766.jpe  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 PM

that is really cute, I like it
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM

well here is mine, tomorrow I will do another one with a different fabric, so the bom is going to be 12, 12inch blocks of stars right? well here we go...

my first star for the bom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168790[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168785.jpe  
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by cla8655
well here is mine, tomorrow I will do another one with a different fabric, so the bom is going to be 12, 12inch blocks of stars right? well here we go...
very pretty i love it