Old 03-20-2016, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mary O View Post
Confused? Cut 4 of each? So we need 8 strips of each size? Thanx
8 of each, for the 4 blocks, 2 per block
Attached Thumbnails week-4-c.jpg  

Last edited by paintmejudy; 03-20-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-20-2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
Wow, I could be so addicted to this block...finally able to sew.....due to construction the electricity has been off and on all weekend till now (water and gas lines also) but finally no workmen tromping around and actually could sew not just line the pieces up......did not lose star points, block measures 13 X 13 so finished size hopefully will be 12 1/2 X 12 1/2 and this block is perfect for gaining leaders and enders....25 light & medium, so starting to fill that bin again. Oh..the truck just came back......need a hand crank machine ! (and an iron with batteries )
Better to be a smidge to large than uneven.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

OMG Judy I have been working on my 4 blocks for my dresser runner. It is so pretty. I did the glue down thing for the folded triangles all the way through. I never used glue for quilting before. I love it. I may not finish my blocks till tomorrow but when I do I will post it. My husband came in while I was gluing down some triangles and said how pretty it is. I have 2 rounds done and 2 to go. He also said he didn't think that glue would hold that whole thing together. What a dumb a#@.... He did make me laugh though.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:07 PM

Bluebonnet -- I think the second setting is beautiful; your colors say southwest to me.

I've gotten all my blocks sewn. Daughter came home & I had to do some mending for her, then went on to continue sewing the blocks. She said she noticed that I wasn't working on her quilt. Well, anyway, I thought I was doing so well with the blocks, but after she left I saw that I made a mistake in one with the corner triangles. I was going to take the 2 triangles out & put in the correct ones, when I noticed that I made that mistake twice. (Not really, but that's what I was thinking at the time.) So I left it. Live on the edge, I always say! Now I have to figure out how I want to put them together. I will sit on that for a while before making a decision.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

Well I did get my blocks finished . I do need to trim them to square them.Then maybe this week I can finish the runner. I didn't lose but 1 point tip.That's really good for me.lol I love this one. Thanks Judy.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03095.jpg   dsc03097.jpg  
Old 03-20-2016, 04:20 PM

Love your colors, Mary. (Mine are similar. )
Old 03-20-2016, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
I will be loosing the tips of my stars, too, and I used scant quarter inch seams. I'm going to remake my center stars and cut the white squares larger (cutting E 2 1/4)and see if that works.) Very pretty blocks.
Wrong... I remade the centers. Cut the E squares at 2" as before, but cut the colored squares (triangles) a little smaller, and now have plenty of room beyond the points. I'm just finishing sewing the last few strips now. Can't fit the whole block on my scanner (and no light to take a pix with my camera) so I scanned several views. The last black strip has a gray squiggly design, its not solid like it looks here.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-12-1.jpg   mystery-train-12-2.jpg   mystery-train-12-3.jpg  
Old 03-20-2016, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Jan very pretty. I love black with just about any other colors. Your points look great too.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:46 PM

[Could you explain what is meant by 'lose the pineapples'. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not sure what 'the pineapple' is.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to be embarrassed about. The pineapple is the shape made when two blocks are sewn together with either two light sides or two dark sides touching. Example is post 431. They form the shape of a pineapple or sort of like a paper lantern. If you sew your blocks so one with light side touches the dark side of the other block you lose the pineapple shape, but the stars show up more. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Just Jan, love the black and white prints! I had a hard time deciding between the grays and B/Ws!!