Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 AM

Have a great time Robin, I'm heading out of town also. hahahah Anyhow these boomerangs are heading home before I keep them jetnica, and rere please post when they arrive I didn't take pics just packaged them and shipped. hehehehe Enjoy ladies.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:44 AM

Robin,
Do not fret-we all started somewhere and I can see you have already been given some wonderful advice Thank you Odessa and oatw13 and everyone else for the encouragement you have given Robin. That is the great thing about this swap-it really does help you to go outside of your comfort zone and work with colors and fabrics you may never have used in a million years. It is also a great way to experiment with new blocks or perfect one block! This swap has the potential to help quilters in so many areas that you just can not do wrong. One of the other things I have learned over the years is measure twice cut once :-) If you ever need anything we are all here to help-always ask :-)
I received 3 more F8s yesterday from Sugarpumpkin (this is one of my fav fabrics lol) mistiliz & craftymainemom. Most of my F8s went out yesterday I think I have about 11 more to send but have to get envelopes lol
Thank you everyone for making this swap already off to such a great start!!
Hugs
April
Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 AM

Blocks also heading home today to Tink,Colletakay, hope you ladies like, also received F8's from Sugarpumpkin, Craftymainemom, NorBanaquilts, & Mistiliz yesterday.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:16 AM

Robin - no stress - this is supposed to be fun!!

I was planning on doing all of my blocks in the order I got them, but one of the fabrics I got yesterday is going to be a challenge for me (not my style, not my colors, etc).

I will lay it on my shelf and stare at it until inspiration strikes...

=)

Odds are, if it looks good to you - the rest of us will like it too!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 AM

I was in 1.0 swap and some of the F8 I received was a challenging one for me. There were a few of them that I just could not figure out what fabric to use! They wouldn't give me hints NOR TALK! I went nuts and started yelling at them "WHAT DO YOU WANT"??? LOL ... DH thought I was loosing it!

Solution: they will eventually get tired of being ignored and they will speak out! Sooner or later they will SPEAK! LOL!!!! After that, it becomes easy! :) This is a fun swap, take your time, throw it aside. :)
Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 AM

I am surprised at how quickly the f8's get to the UK! I just mailed it on Monday :)

I have received 10 so far....I had better get sewing this weekend and get caught up or I will end up drowning in f8's! LOL

April...That was my favorite one, so I sent it to you :D
Old 04-16-2010, 08:10 AM

Well ladies, blocks are in the mail, I took them to the Po and he weighed them, it was a 44 cent stamp, was surprised, but this is what he charged. Please let me know if it comes with any postage due, I put them in long white enevlopes, I wraped them in plastic wrap and squeezed the air out, so guess well see.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
Received f8's today from:

Nancy in Louisiana
sandiannie
colletakay
mistiliz

They are starting to pour in now. It's like Christmas everyday at the post box!

Fabulous fabrics ladies!!

sandiannie, yours makes me think of picnic's! I love it!
I'm glad you like it ... you must have gotten the checkered blue with sunflowers (I sent out 3 different fabrics) ... that one is going to take over my dining room
Old 04-16-2010, 09:28 AM

I sent out 10 F8's today. I am out of stamps so the rest will go out next week! I cant wait to see them come back!!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:10 AM

I got F8s today & yesterday from:
1. Craftymainemom
2. Nancy in Louisiana
3. mistiliz
4. NorBanaquilts
5. Sadieannie
6. Sugarpumpkin
7. colletakay

Some of these might be duplicate, but I was under the weather yesterday and I cant remember if I posted or not!
Better safe than sorry!! I plan on working on some of my f8's tonight and Saturday!! Yeah!