Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

About the side swaps: Go ahead and post your desire to participate in side swaps here, but after that please handle all side swap business by private message...not here. Thank you.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:29 AM

Help, help me please!!! Watched James Corden car karaoke with Paul McCartney recently. Haha.

Clarification on white nine patches. Any solid whites can be used as long as not ivory or cream, but Snow White to bright whites. Ok the prints go in the corners and center. Do they all match in same block, so 5 squares of same print per block. I am assuming but I don't want to be a beast of burden.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Help, help me please!!! Watched James Corden car karaoke with Paul McCartney recently. Haha.

Clarification on white nine patches. Any solid whites can be used as long as not ivory or cream, but Snow White to bright whites. Ok the prints go in the corners and center. Do they all match in same block, so 5 squares of same print per block. I am assuming but I don't want to be a beast of burden.
No, don’t use the same fabrics more than once in a block (except the whites). The blocks are “scrappy with white”. Five prints or solids and four whites.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Cheesehead.......received
Givio.................received
Moonrise...........received
Billi ..................received
Maudeflanagan...received
Quiltermomma....received
D.Henson...........received
sewbizgirl...........received
Janice McC..........received
Darcy Shannon....received
Irish Mom...........received
Evie....................received
Honchey.............received
happylab............received
obrienwv............received
bungalow59........received
quilt addict.........received
terriamn.............received
sprice................received
Gannyrosie.........received
Whigrose............received
peaceandjoy........received

OK! All the rest of the packages are in today, so I'll go ahead and swap them and start making return labels for you. Good job, everyone!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:50 PM

Yea!! Can't wait! Thank you SBG!! WooHoo!!
Old 06-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

Woo hoo!! Been opening the packages and getting bags ready to swap. Many thank to those who sent a little extra money to cover printing and packaging costs. Much appreciated!

I have to tell you I made out like a bandit on gift blocks!! Thank you all so very much... they are wonderful gifts!

Earlier someone asked how many people sent the full 10 sets... Now I can tell you! 12 people sent in 10 sets, and 10 people sent in less than 10.

I'm going to take a little break and let my brain rest before I take them upstairs and lay them out everywhere to swap them. I don't want to make mistakes! The blocks are so pretty! I love what you all have done with your fabrics. Just wait til you see these beauties.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:05 PM

I would like to request that if anyone who wants to thank me for my blocks, please do not use my real name or initials, or personal information. I go to great effort not to post personal information on the internet on me or other individuals. I'm sorry I did not put my board name on my blocks. That was my error. I'm sorry. But could you please not thank me and put my information on this board. I will be forever thankful. Thank-you.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
No, don’t use the same fabrics more than once in a block (except the whites). The blocks are “scrappy with white”. Five prints or solids and four whites.
sewbizgirl, I want to get started on the next swap you are planning to do. Do the 4 squares of whites in each block need to be the same white fabric? Is it supposed to be solid white fabric? Just so I understand--for each block I use 4 of the same white squares and then 5 squares of prints and all 5 squares should be different fabrics? I am so looking forward to this swap because I love scrappy Irish Chain Quilts quilts and this will be perfect for that. I am definitely not missing out on this next swap. I am so bummed I didn't have time to make my blocks for the swap you are doing right now. But this next swap will definitely be a fun one. Hint, hint--you may have to do this next swap two times, too, so we all can collect enough blocks for a big quilt.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
sewbizgirl, I want to get started on the next swap you are planning to do. Do the 4 squares of whites in each block need to be the same white fabric? Is it supposed to be solid white fabric? Just so I understand--for each block I use 4 of the same white squares and then 5 squares of prints and all 5 squares should be different fabrics? I am so looking forward to this swap because I love scrappy Irish Chain Quilts quilts and this will be perfect for that. I am definitely not missing out on this next swap. I am so bummed I didn't have time to make my blocks for the swap you are doing right now. But this next swap will definitely be a fun one. Hint, hint--you may have to do this next swap two times, too, so we all can collect enough blocks for a big quilt.
Yes, I'm planning on doing two the same, just like with the checkerboard swaps we just did. We need lots to make a bed sized quilt, if that's what you want to do. (I do!)

Use what you perceive to be a plain, pure white. The same for all your squares, if possible. Not White-On-White. And the 5 placements should be scrappy... with 4 whites.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I would like to request that if anyone who wants to thank me for my blocks, please do not use my real name or initials, or personal information. I go to great effort not to post personal information on the internet on me or other individuals. I'm sorry I did not put my board name on my blocks. That was my error. I'm sorry. But could you please not thank me and put my information on this board. I will be forever thankful. Thank-you.
How will anyone know who you are? There is a name on your bags, just not your board name. Lets just say, do not post thanks for anyone who does not give a board name on their bag. That will keep real names private. It's really important to put your board name on everything. It makes my work much harder if you don't. And since people do not know each other by their real names, it makes for a lot of confusion.