Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM

We also had an absolutely gorgeous day here today; up in the mid-fifties with lots of sunshine and not too much wind.

Yesterday we got the mules out and went for a 2 hour ride in the hills. We hadn't ridden since just after Thanksgiving because the weather has been so miserably cold this winter, so they were feeling pretty frisky, but they did a good job anyway.

I spent some time this afternoon watching TCM and picking some FMQ out of my batik quilt. I just wasn't happy with a couple of rows of quilting (each about 6" wide and full length of the quilt), and since I'm keeping this one, I decided I'd rather spend the time picking it out instead of seeing it EVERY time I use it on the sofa.

I've got a couple of other quilting projects in the works right now too. I just got the background fabric for the dresden plate quilt I started after Christmas, and need to cut it into blocks so I can start appliquéing the plates onto them. I also have the fabrics for a pink and black quilt for my granddaughter that I am anxious to get started on even though I don't need to have it done for a long while yet. I want to give it to her for her high school graduation (like we did for her older sister), and she's just a junior this year. She has always loved pink, so I think it's a safe bet that she'll still like it in a year and a half.

I'm cooking a batch of turkey meatballs and spaghetti sauce to go over baked spaghetti squash for dinner tonight. It's starting to smell really good and I'm getting hungry, but it's got about an hour to cook yet. There will be plenty of leftovers for a few lunches this week too.

Hope you all are a bunch of "losers" this week! I weigh every Monday, so tomorrow be my weigh-in day for the week. I've been working hard at keeping my eating in control, so wish me luck.

Good luck to all of you, too!

Wendy
Old 02-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Ok purplemem I will show you what all I got Sat. I kind of went crazy in Hancock's and I got a few peices of fabric at Quilt in a day, Elanor's store. I am so glad I don't travel well or I would be in Paducah once a week shopping at Hancock's. Most of what I got there was from the remnants bin. I couldn't imagine paying $10.00 for a yard for all of it and the remnants were $5.00 a yd. Their batting was half of what it would cost me here so bought some of that.

Little man picked out the veggie tales print.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141748[/ATTACH]

rotating cutting mat.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143977[/ATTACH]

Izaquilter, me and Elijah at the Quilt in a Day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]144255[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141741.jpe   attachment-141742.jpe   attachment-141743.jpe   attachment-142025.jpe   attachment-143972.jpe  

attachment-144250.jpe  
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Today I weighed in I was disappointed I was doing so good the right amount of calories, pilates 4 days a week what went wrong. Then I remember someone had a link to a girl that exercised and took pictures even though she wasn't dropping alot of weight you could see the difference in her weekly pic. I could see the difference in me. My stomch started right under my chest and it POPPED out it didn't look that way today or actually the last few days. I measured on the 1st soo I measured again today. Now my hips when I look at me look the same I have the darn fat the hangs and that measurment didn't chnage but are you ready for this????????????

On the first my waist was 39 1/2" today my waist is 38" I lost an entire 1 1/2" in 2 weeks YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEE!!
Yahoo!

Also remember for those of us who are/were over weight, the skin needs a chance to shrink back even after the weight is gone.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 AM

Fun fabric Carrie. I want a large rotary mat. I have a smaller one, but a larger one would be wonderful.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Sorry I haven't been here fully for a couple of days. My weight loss isn't happening or I should say it's staying the same.
My hip is still bothering me. I can't do any kind of exercise because of the hip. I am too young for this.
I have an unexpected baby shower for a cousin this next Sat. so I spent yesterday choosing, cutting and sewing a baby quilt.

Sandy I am so sorry to hear about you neighbor. I sure pray that all this heartache comes to an end for you soon.

YAY! Tru! It's wonderful when the inches start falling off even if the weight is still the same.

Missy hang in girl!

Back to sewing. You all have a wonderful day.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 AM

Just a quick note to say good morning and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

I had a good weigh-in this morning; I'm down over 3 pounds for the week and doing the happy dance. :)

That's quite a haul you've got there, cjomomma. What beautiful fabrics!

Hope you all are having a good week too.

Wendy
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 AM

Carrie don't you just love that rotary cutting mat. Great fabric. I hope to go to Hancock's April 1st when we are in route to Illinois to pick up my Mom for her 6 weeks visit with us.
I haven't done nearly as good this month. I haven't been to the gym for over a week. It's so crowded, I hate to have to wait for the next machine. You cool off too much. So my sweet DH is getting us an elliptical machine. He'll pick it up on Friday, so I need to keep going up and down the stairs.
Happy Valentines Day everyone. Hope we all have a good week.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!

Carrie greats stuff!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:52 PM

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY everyone.

Carrie, I love your fabrics, especially the one with guitars on it. I'm glad you had a good shopping day and hubby was a good sport and went with you.

Ive got Missy on my mind. Prayers for all the requests. Hugs to all, Sandy
Old 02-14-2011, 04:28 PM

I just got home. I have not had a chance to read any messages yet but I will after I send this.

I just wanted to let you know what the surgeon said this morning.

I have to lose another 30-40 pounds in the next 5-6 weeks then he will do the surgery. There were a whole host of reasons why he wants that much more weight gone. If I lose the 40 pounds that will mean that I will have lost a grand total of 80 pounds since the first part of April 2010.

I have a diet plan and an exercise plan in place so it is just a matter of doing it. I will definitely keep you guys updated on the weight loss and the surgery situation.

Thank you for all your support guys! You are the best!

Missy