Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by trupeach1
I-WANT-TO EAT!!!

*sigh*
well we all do so just man up and go about your day :lol: :lol:
nice, I feel your compassion. Okay~ I left the house & went to visit the grands. Had a good day but I still want to eat. :twisted:
I know when I have days like that, if I resist, that's when I usually see the scale move in the right direction, so hang in there!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>> I made pot roast for dinner and it was a choice of mashed potatoes with the gravy or popcover. I was also having corn. I love corn but since it is high in colories I seldom have it. I was craving corn so that was what I was having. Now if I made the potatoes I would have measured with the popovers I made them a little smaller and they were a mere 70 calories per popover(recipe follows) I had 1 then had another and well let me just say what I was going to have 1 we will not count how many I had of the 5 I made. I am disappointed in myself.

Popovers
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour
1/8 tsp salt

heat oven to 450. wisk evertyhing together. spray 5 cups in a cupcake pan. put batter in the 5 cups bake 10 minutes lower oven to 350 bake 20 minutes longer.

5 popover 70 calories each. Now if you eat just 1 the calorie count is great 2 would be almost the same as rice, pasta or potatoes more then 2 you're skrewed!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hi all! I had an awesome day in Paducah with Izaquilter. Our DH's got along so well and Eli was pretty good too. Hancock's of Paducah is awesome. I spent way too much money but my Hubby didn't seem to care. I got more batting for my quilts for half the price of what it would cost me here. It's been a long time since I had a relaxing shopping trip. My eating was bad but that's ok because I did a lot of walking.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:43 PM

Sounds like a fun outing. To spend a day with a quilting friend is really great, and then to be able to share it with hubby is even better!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

I-WANT-TO EAT!!!

*sigh*
Eat what your craving but only eat a small amount. No reason to completely deprive yourself. It only makes the cravings worse.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lauriejo
We are finally over 32 degrees WOOHOO!!!!! Beautiful blue skies and sunshine. I think I will go for a walk after lunch. Which do you think is more frustrating, to have your weight go up and down, or to be like me and it never changes?
We got up to 49 today. It was nice to take the jackets off.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:57 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>> I made pot roast for dinner and it was a choice of mashed potatoes with the gravy or popcover. I was also having corn. I love corn but since it is high in colories I seldom have it. I was craving corn so that was what I was having. Now if I made the potatoes I would have measured with the popovers I made them a little smaller and they were a mere 70 calories per popover(recipe follows) I had 1 then had another and well let me just say what I was going to have 1 we will not count how many I had of the 5 I made. I am disappointed in myself.

Popovers
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour
1/8 tsp salt

heat oven to 450. wisk evertyhing together. spray 5 cups in a cupcake pan. put batter in the 5 cups bake 10 minutes lower oven to 350 bake 20 minutes longer.

5 popover 70 calories each. Now if you eat just 1 the calorie count is great 2 would be almost the same as rice, pasta or potatoes more then 2 you're skrewed!!!!!!!
That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe that doesn't use flour? I and wheat don't get along.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Hi all! I had an awesome day in Paducah with Izaquilter. Our DH's got along so well and Eli was pretty good too. Hancock's of Paducah is awesome. I spent way too much money but my Hubby didn't seem to care. I got more batting for my quilts for half the price of what it would cost me here. It's been a long time since I had a relaxing shopping trip. My eating was bad but that's ok because I did a lot of walking.
I'm glad you had a great day! I've only been to Hancock's of Paducah once but it was awesome!!!!! Remember, we are making heirlooms, priceless heirlooms! :mrgreen:
Old 02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by remclave

Popovers
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 c flour
1/8 tsp salt

That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe that doesn't use flour? I and wheat don't get along.
I would replace the flour with rice flour. It is not as if you need the gluten in thewheat flour to make these rise it is the eggs.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

Today I weighed in I was disappointed I was doing so good the right amount of calories, pilates 4 days a week what went wrong. Then I remember someone had a link to a girl that exercised and took pictures even though she wasn't dropping alot of weight you could see the difference in her weekly pic. I could see the difference in me. My stomch started right under my chest and it POPPED out it didn't look that way today or actually the last few days. I measured on the 1st soo I measured again today. Now my hips when I look at me look the same I have the darn fat the hangs and that measurment didn't chnage but are you ready for this????????????

On the first my waist was 39 1/2" today my waist is 38" I lost an entire 1 1/2" in 2 weeks YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEE!!