Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the comments on Emma (DD) she loves sewing and ran to get some fabric and tried to put it under the needle and was screaming "I sew too!!!" and she was standing on the petal

I did use one when I was really little. My great grandmother had one (need to be refreshed, but I bet it's like riding a bike, it'll come back)

I know she needs a new shuttle cover for over the serial number, a belt and a good cleaning, but everything else works fine. I'm happy with it!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Banned

Thanks Donna just incourage me more why don't you??????? :lol: :lol: Maybe the next thing will be the cream puffs that are in there.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Banned

I would assume using a treadle is exercise since you have to use your legs to move it. If you start to lose and build up your legs muscles let us know. I will run out and get myself a treadle. I always wanted one that would be a great excuse to have one. Too bad I don't have the money or the room for one............sighhhhh........but still let us know about your legs.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Yep, it is a leg work out, I remember my great-grandmother and grandmother being really well toned.

Now to get the belly fat down. I am down 4 pounds so far though.

45 more pounds to my ultimate goal.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

4 lbs that is great well after eating crap I don't think I lost much AGAIN!
Old 02-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
Good morning everyone. Haven't been on for 2 weeks and trying to catch up. I was sick for a week and just didn't feel like I wanted to be on the thread. Yes, February is a bad month, it seems. My Mom passed away in Feb., 3 yrs. ago and on Feb. 13 it would have been my Dad's 100th birthday--he passed away 22 yrs. ago. I miss them both very much. I don't like being sick and usually am very healthy; however, when I do get sick, I really get sick!! I was in bed for 5 days and just am now getting back my energy.

Edie, I did go to Walmart yesterday and bought the Leslie Sansome tapes. My 4 yr old GD and I were exercising to the CD yesterday and it seems like I will like it. She also has a little yoga on the CD I bought which I love.

I have been working on a crochet project for my 4 yr old GD. I am making her a swing coat which is just adorable. When I finish, I will post it on the thread. I have the 2 fronts and the back done -- now on to the sleeves, etc.

I have also been quilting a little. Just can't seem to get into it right now. I feel more like crocheting and probably because it's been so cold.

Anyway, prayers to all of you who are suffering right now and Love you.
Donna G.
Good for you. I just finished. I do it twice a day. Am feeling terrific! Went down two slack sizes too. Edie
Old 02-18-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am 5'6" so I checked the ideal weight for my height. It is between 117-143. Are they friggin kidding????????????/
I am 5'3" and I'm supposed to be 115-120. How ridiculous is that? I was 115 when I got married 50 yrs. ago.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:02 PM

Tru,
I made your chocolate mousse pie for dessert tonight. The s/f one with cool whip and pudding mix.

Cooked a roast and brown rice with beef broth and green beans, brussell sprouts.

Having a good day organizing, but boy, am I tired!
Old 02-18-2011, 04:35 PM

I am feeling puney tonight. Upset tummy big time. I am so nauseated, I wish I could puke. I think I would feel better. I hate feeling like this. I think I will be going to bed very early tonight.

I hope you all have a good weekend and the ones of you that have been puney, I hope you are feeling better. Sandy
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NannySandy
I am feeling puney tonight. Upset tummy big time. I am so nauseated, I wish I could puke. I think I would feel better. I hate feeling like this. I think I will be going to bed very early tonight.

I hope you all have a good weekend and the ones of you that have been puney, I hope you are feeling better. Sandy
DID YOU NOT READ MY POST A FEW DAYS AGO?????????? You are me! Hope you feel better it will last 3 days.