Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cbridges22
.I am 5'6 also and the charts are crazy.I can tell you I look my best between 150-160.At that weight you can see my hip bones and my husband says when I weigh less I look malnourished.
That is the weight I look best at too. I started at 209 and said I had to loss 50 lbs I have been 180 for months I just can't seem to lose the rest.
I told you grow taller and that will fix the problem!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:44 AM

I am 5'9" People tell me "you carry your weight so well because you're tall." I translate that to "you're tall and fat".

Some days I wish I had some foul disease so I could lose weight but if I got cancer I'd probably be the only woman on the planet who would gain weight with it.

Can you tell I'm in a bad mood. I'm so sick of myself. My best friend tells me to cheer up because she found out God doesn't like skinny women. I think she is lying so I won't be grumpy. At least she is fat too.

My 4 year-old told me today "Nana, you're not fat, you're soft." I must really need help if the baby is trying to cheer me up.

I'm going to make a chocolate pie with meringue. I make the absolute best chocolate pie in the whole world.

Maybe I'll make two and eat one before the family gets home so they won't know. Then I'll not eat any for dinner and they'll think I'm doing good on my diet.

I'm so hungry for chocolate I think I'd eat a worm if it was chocolate dipped.
Boo Hoo, poor pitiful me. (Now I'm having a pity party.)

Have I made anybody feel sorry for me? If so please send sympathy posts that I can read while I eat my pie. LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

Cindy...When you said to grow taller the first thing I thought of was that table stretcher that was on the Adams Family of Monsters I can't remember which show it was. It was in their basement. There was something that went around the persons arms and legs and they cracked it to stretch them.

Missy get your mind out of the gutter! It was not for S&M.......LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

I went to see what was in the BIG freezer downstairs to defrost for the weekend and what to my surprise did I find????????? 1/4 of a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I ate it the entire cake 1/4 of a 8 inch layer cake and it was 1/2 frozen. I couldn't wait until it was all defrosted. I am sick....sick I say......very, very sick!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:48 AM

With all of you guys slimming down it looks like there's room for one more in here.... I'm bookmarking this section, so I can check back and start reading this post from page one. I'll be back in a day or two once I'm up to speed. I think I read that we're PMing our weight to the PO and then again at the end of the month. Then we send a themed FQ to the winner of the month. Sounds good to me. If that's correct I will be sending a FQ this month, because with Valentines day and my DH birthday... There has been candy, cake, ice cream in the house this month. (Truthfully there always is and it's me...) I tried to get my "Girls Night Out" girls (All in California and I'm in Texas) to do this with me cuz I need encouragement, but they all fizzled. We're probably all around or above the 200 mark and it's just got to stop. I guess if I start and they see it, maybe they'll do it too.

So here's what I'm putting on my frig today:
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"

I know this is true because before my nasty divorce I lost 75 lbs. (During my nasty divorce I gained it all back plus). We are half fast reconciled, but here I am left with all this "eat to cope weight". I'm so done luggin it around. Starting counseling too so I can stop using food for comfort. (Which I do) One argument and I'm in the ice cream.

It is true: "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"
Gayle
Old 02-18-2011, 11:50 AM

I thought I showed ya'll my Valentines giftie (and probably 5th wedding anniversary too, but that's ok)

(more pics here)

Here she is:

Valentina
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128414[/ATTACH]

My lil monkey playing saying I sew too Mommy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128640[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128409.jpe   attachment-128635.jpe  
Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

MILate.......it is too late for this month HOWEVER we do it every month. Follow this thread becasue I will post the link to March's sign up around Feb 27. You will have loads of fun rest assured.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

WHERE IS MISSY????????????? That silly turtle eating girl :wink: :wink: :wink: is she out licking windows again? :shock: :shock: I bet we could find her at Cold Stone Creamery licking their windows. :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Banned

What a cutie pie and Jennifer great pressie have you ever used a treadle before.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I went to see what was in the BIG freezer downstairs to defrost for the weekend and what to my surprise did I find????????? 1/4 of a vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. I ate it the entire cake 1/4 of a 8 inch layer cake and it was 1/2 frozen. I couldn't wait until it was all defrosted. I am sick....sick I say......very, very sick!!!!!!!!
I love half frozen cake. It is so moist...