Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
my husband just diagnosed with diabetes >

my husband just diagnosed with diabetes

my husband just diagnosed with diabetes

Old 03-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Thanks to each and everyone of you who has posted on this board. Being recently diagnosed I am always looking for new recipes and ideas. My daughter who is not diabetic started eating like one about three years ago and she lost about 80 lbs. She continues to do this and has maintained that weight loss even after giving birth to twins. I too have lost about 40 lbs and am feeling better than I have in years. Let's keep this going with new ideas and recipes in the hope that there may be someone on this board who is overweight and could use the help and encouragement. It might prevent someone from developing health problems. Sorry I talked your ears off.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:56 AM

I am type 2 also, diagnosed 2 years ago. I have lost 40 lbs and on the diabetic diet and am still struggling with the search for good receipes. There is a lot of information here that I didn't know about. Thanks to all of you for sharing. here is my favorite site to go to when I want something different (good). They will send receipes and tips on living healthy to your e-mail. I save them in a folder in my in-box,which makes them easy to get to when needed.

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/
Old 03-22-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I am type 2 also, diagnosed 2 years ago. I have lost 40 lbs and on the diabetic diet and am still struggling with the search for good receipes. There is a lot of information here that I didn't know about. Thanks to all of you for sharing. here is my favorite site to go to when I want something different (good). They will send receipes and tips on living healthy to your e-mail. I save them in a folder in my in-box,which makes them easy to get to when needed.

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/
Thanks for this site. I thought I knew something about diabetes since my whole family is diabetic, but I am learning things I never knew.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

I love the Diabetic Living magazine. Along with recipes they have a lot of other good information for us.
Should say I like the web site to.
I am so glad we are all sharing infomation. Together we can get this under good control.