Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do us a favor please!! >

Do us a favor please!!

Do us a favor please!!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM

I have the funniest story to tell you about that very issue. My sister and I were shopping at the WalMart here in suburb Portland Oregon. I was in one of those scooters because I had just been released from the hospital following foot surgery. We wanted to buy just a little something but there was no one there to wait on us. We ran the bell, asked people from other departments etc. etc. Finally, we decided to cut our own. She did the measuring and cutting and I wrote the sku # and amount on little tags of paper. Other people came by and wanted fabric so we did the same for them. We "worked" about 30-45 minutes giggling, laughing and talking loudly but no one came to ask us what was what, except other customers. We waited on them with friendly smiles and good cheer. When there was a lull in the traffic we went to the checkout. The checkout person said, "You are about the third person to come up here with these funky tickets. What's the deal?" So we explained to her about our new "jobs." The store manager happened by and she called him over and explained to him what was going on. He was a little embarrassed but told her to go ahead and check us out. No bargain for our self-service labor. However, the next time I went back to the store a week or so later there was someone at the counter! :-o
Old 07-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

THANKS. I AM ON THE PHONE WAITING FOR AN OPERATOR TO MAKE THE STRONG REQUEST. MAYBE WE CAN FINALLY GET THE FABRIC DEPT BACK. 10 MINUTES SO FAR BUT I WILL WAIT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM

THANK YOU..here in Arizona..there is 1 close to me only..we lost all of our Ben Franklin's..our Hancocks..and the JoAnn's is primarily crafts..it's a mess..I signed a list at the Wal-Mart closer to my house..hope it works..we have beautiful quilt shops but very expensive..Thanks to all !!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:40 PM

The Walmart store in Wilson and Greenville both have their materials back in the store. I will check on Rocky Mount and Tarboro first before I call. Here in N.C. Thanks! Good idea! :thumbup:
Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

They are putting fabric back in the Wal Mart where I shop every week, just started a week ago and haven't gotten very far yet. I will keep close tabs on the progress. An old Wal Mart about 15 min,s from home have always had fabrics, they are starting to expand it.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:05 AM

My dau. called me & told me our store has fabrics back.I haven't had a chance to check it out. This is North Augusta,SC store.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
I'm out in California and I called for you!! lol. My WM has no intentions of getting rid of their fabric department. In fact, they told me they ordered more displays and more fabric. yipppeeee. Anyway, I understand your frustration, so if anyone else needs calls for their area, let me know. I will be happy to put my vote in for you.
THANKS!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:30 PM

I will too
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM

We were losing our fabric too, but we were able to change their minds for them. Here is a link to a petition we used to bring fabric back to our Walmart. Maybe you could draft one like it? It was a world wide effort. Good luck!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51920-1.htm
Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 AM

i was chatting with a clerk in one of my local w/m's and she said they had 47,000 calls for that store alone to keep the fabric. she had made eleven of the calls. hope it doesn't take that many calls per store! i have the choice of two stores, one with fabric one with food. i don't get hungry that often, but i do need a lot of fabric!lol. i've also noticed some 100% cotton, qs quality fabrics on the $1.50-$2.00 table. shocked and pleased!!