Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New twisters? >

New twisters?

New twisters?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
This looks just like Anita Grossman Solomon's Windmill block.

http://makeitsimpler.blogspot.com/
Thanks for this link - I also just learned somthing new about adding things to my favorites "FEEDS"
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 AM

Will stay tuned for more info and sites -- these are great!!! Thanks, everybody.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jbj137
Get 2 bandaides,
put on your BIG GIRL PANTIES,
and try again.
J J
????
Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Aurora
Here is a link I posted several months ago about how to make your own twister. I would draw it on paper and then reduce it to a smaller size.

http://www.rjrfabrics.com/_media/pat...el_Sunrise.pdf
Thanks for the link ... I really like the pattern with the gradation of colour across it. Will be fun to dig into the stash and come up with the blend of colours that will work.

And thanks too ... for all others who have shared links to patterns they have found for the Twister Family! :)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Just a few days ago on the QB--August 26th or 25th,,,there were a ton of pictures of Lil Twisters...including wreaths and discussisons. I copied them but can only "cut and paste" and that isn't working to show you. (computer illiterate).

If you want to send a private e-mail address, I can forward the pictures otherwise I don't know how to get them to you.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Just a few days ago on the QB--August 26th or 25th,,,there were a ton of pictures of Lil Twisters...including wreaths and discussisons. I copied them but can only "cut and paste" and that isn't working to show you. (computer illiterate).

If you want to send a private e-mail address, I can forward the pictures otherwise I don't know how to get them to you.
If you click on the Quote reply, or even the reply instead of typing something in at the bottom of the page, you can add a copy and paste link.

Here is a link from a board member who used the windmill pattern. It is the same thing as the lil twister.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112343-1.htm

I made my own templates, and have made 5 wreaths so far for Christmas, and now I see the tree. I don't need the pattern, it's easy enough to do once you have done one twister. One thing no matter what size template you make, the centers for a 1" to an 8" is the same 45 degrees.

And a tutorial that Craftybear posted.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com...lt-part-1.aspx

Hope these help everyone.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:14 PM

Katie, You've really been busy! I'm wondering if the number of blocks in the Christmas tree could be reduced.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marymm
Katie, You've really been busy! I'm wondering if the number of blocks in the Christmas tree could be reduced.
The one I saw at the LQS here, and is being done in a course, is a simpler one ..... wall hanging size, using the 5" blocks, LilTwister, and not so many pieces as the links that have been shown here.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:49 PM

Sure, just don't put as many rows. I have no idea what size template was used on the pattern that was on one of the posts. I like my wreaths fuller than the simple ones, so I added blocks. But I didn't want a large wall hanging. So I use a 2 1/2" template. And that is what I'll use on the tree if I make it. This pattern has 11 rows of the tree before the stem, you could only do 7 or 8 rows. What size template are you planning on using?
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene
Sure, just don't put as many rows. I have no idea what size template was used on the pattern that was on one of the posts. I like my wreaths fuller than the simple ones, so I added blocks. But I didn't want a large wall hanging. So I use a 2 1/2" template. And that is what I'll use on the tree if I make it. This pattern has 11 rows of the tree before the stem, you could only do 7 or 8 rows. What size template are you planning on using?
Care to share some of your layouts that you have developed? I'm one who likes to go rogue from the standard printed patterns too!