Ouch, Ouch, Ouch

Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 PM

I fell against the steering column on a boat from about 3 feet high---direct hit. I waited 6 months before my mammogram because I knew that it would come back abnormal. Even after 6 months a cyst showed up (remnant of that hematoma) even though my breast did not appear bruised...so wait a longer time. Continue to do a self exam though but just know that a hematoma (internal bleeding forming a huge bruise---sometimes not even visible from the outside) is definitely likely to form.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:51 AM

i was sewing in the middle of the night... tee shirt, no bra, and leaned across the ironing board trying to catch whatever it was i dropped... it the iron, set on cotton... had a strange looking triangular burn on one of my girls for several days...and putting on a bra..ouch...
Old 09-18-2011, 01:24 AM

I'm sorry about the pain you are experiencing. From time to time breasts may sustain injuries. If concerned, please check with your health care provider.

Remember to report this the next time you see your health care provider.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
My mother slipped and fell hitting one of hers on the edge of the tub. Really hurt but no cancer some 40 years later. She's 83. My granny sucked one of hers into a milk bottle expressing her milk. Now that had to hurt! Can you believe that's what they used to do way back? You heated the bottle to create a vacuum and there you go. Boob in a bottle!
What a hoot! My mom told me about a neighbor who got her boob in the ringer washing machine years ago. Guess that was an oweeeee, too.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan
My mother slipped and fell hitting one of hers on the edge of the tub. Really hurt but no cancer some 40 years later. She's 83. My granny sucked one of hers into a milk bottle expressing her milk. Now that had to hurt! Can you believe that's what they used to do way back? You heated the bottle to create a vacuum and there you go. Boob in a bottle!
What a hoot! My mom told me about a neighbor who got her boob in the ringer washing machine years ago. Guess that was an oweeeee, too.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM

OMG !! Tears running down my face :D.. just picturing your Granny with her boob in a bottle !!!
Sorry...no disrespect meant..I'm sure it must have hurt at the time but there must have been laughs looking back..
Old 09-18-2011, 09:35 AM

I'm so sorry ladies..but I haven't laughed so hard in a long time..
Granny with her boob in a bottle and a couple in the wringer...
Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Dee

Hope your boo boo gets well fast.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM

I bet it's going to bruise and hurt awful for a few days. Now if you've had a Mammo and seen that cartoon where their squished like a box that might give you an idea what to expect and if it doesn't seem to be getting better ask your Dr. but I doubt there's much they can do unless you get a lump. Good luck. Sue