Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
is it me? >

is it me?

is it me?

Old 10-04-2011, 04:24 AM

If you are a visual learner you might try going on U tube with your request for tension issues. You can learn so much from the wonderful videos there! Good luck and don't get discouraged.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by simplyme
Try re=threading your machine both top and bottom and then try again. This is what I do first.
I agree. It sounds like the top thread isn't seated in the tension disc correctly. Be sure the presser foot is UP. This opens the tension discs and allows the thread to go between them. Then when you put the presser foot down to sew, the correct tension is on the upper thread and won't ball up underneath.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 AM

When is the last time you cleaned your Bobbin area? Lint can make your machine do many strange things. Take the whole thing apart and brush it out. I use a makeup brush. When you put it back together, put just a touch of machine oil in the bobbin case.
Rethread the machine.
Change your needle.
increase the stitch length
Good luck!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:14 AM
KLO

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i know somebody who sometimes forgets and puts her bobbin in backward. that can make a mess of things.

can't tell you her name.
she lives in my mirror and eats my best snacks.

someday i will catch her and find out who the heck she is.
Gee, I have one of those irritating women in my mirror too. She tries to mess me up and I have to keep correcting her. Let me know if you ever figure out how to catch and get rid of her.

pooks088, A warm welcome from NC. Hope you got the chance to work this problem out. It is frustrating when you want to move ahead but something keeps stopping you. I see you are in Seattle. My son just moved there this year (he's an executive chef) so I hope to visit someday in the future.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:26 AM

Welcome to the board! I had all sorts of problems. Rethreaded the machine, new needle every thing being said here. Nothing worked. I goolged my problem and found some different answers. One was when threading machine and bobbin make sure you here the thread click into the tension holder. The one that ended up being my problem was CLEAN the machine. I guess I wans't doing it enough or good enough. Boy did I feel stupid.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 AM

Welcome from Porter Ok. Glad you could join us.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 AM

One cause of nests of thread on the bottom is when the top thread has jumped out of the tension discs. When you thread your machine your presser foot needs to be up so that the discs are open and the thread gets between them. Hope I'm explaining this right--if not, someone jump in and clarify.

Welcome from Spring Branch, Texas!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:41 AM

Lots of great ideas here for you to try...I sure hope that after you got home, and did everything people suggested, that you were able to quilt with no more problems.

Welcome from Wisconsin!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Tangled threads always mean something is not threaded properly. Mine keeps jumping off the top hook or the bobbin thread is not in the case correctly!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:05 AM

Hi from Ms.