Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of drinker are you? >

What kind of drinker are you?

What kind of drinker are you?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:33 AM

Today a coffee drinker...try all sorts of flavors.

Back in the day when I was young and foolish (21 or so) I drank shots of whisky with beer as a chaser. Never got drunk either. Why? Because on day of my partying I'd coat my stomach with bread, cheese and milk. You never get drunk if you do that. You also don't wake up the next day with a hangover.

As I got older and more refined I found I liked my drink of B&B (Brandy & Benidectine). It's a French Liquor.

Haven't had that in years and every so often I think about going out and buying a bottle but that soon passes and I don't. LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Tea all the way.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
After many years of testing and experimentation, I find through the lips to be the best method for me. I have less laundry to do that way. ;)
Me also. lol. Accidentally, aspirated stuff into my nose and it wasn't pleasant -- coughing, choking, etc. I've thought of trying those pots where you suck liquid/warm water into the nose for sinus problems (what are they called-- neti or pootie pots ???or something like that) but haven't been brave enough to try.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by PuffinGin
After many years of testing and experimentation, I find through the lips to be the best method for me. I have less laundry to do that way. ;)
Me also. lol. Accidentally, aspirated stuff into my nose and it wasn't pleasant -- coughing, choking, etc. I've thought of trying those pots where you suck liquid/warm water into the nose for sinus problems (what are they called-- neti or pootie pots ???or something like that) but haven't been brave enough to try.
"Pootie pots"! To funny:):):)
I'm an ex-drinker. Drink Lipton Diet Green Tea all day long.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:04 AM

One diet Pepsi a day - a 20 oz-er. The cans just don't go far enough.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 AM

Chai tea in the morning when it's cool out, then sweet ice tea until 6 pm and crystal light the rest of the night. Used to drink lots of diet Pepsi and Coke, but that got too expensive so I switched to ice tea to keep the caffeine coming. Drinking that all the time had me up until 3-4 am so I lose the caffeine in the evenings and can have a more normal schedule.

Love red wine but when I open a bottle and have a glass, I seem to forget about it until I have to use it to make spaghetti sauce! When I visit my DD and DSIL I'll have Irish Car Bombs because he really makes them YUMMMMM, but they go down so easily that they are dangerous! :oops:
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 AM

i grew up in a teetotalling household when i was a kid. it never became a part of my life habits. now that i'm old, i have found that i love mead. i purchase it, put it in the basement in a rack, and forget that i have it. a "flood" recently required a cleaning and reorganizing. i found about 20 bottles of mead in the basement that i've accumulated over the years...and forgotten to drink. so, i told my kids that when i turn 65, i'm going to start drinking. when i'm 85 i'll take up smoking. and when i'm 95, i'll smoke a joint. maybe. i still have a couple of years before i "have" to drink the mead. it should be nice and mellow by the time a get to it. if i remember...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:35 AM

I am typically a one margaretta a year person, but a couple of weeks ago I was at a party and was talked into a shot of whiskey. I noticed on the drive home that my husbands driving didn't bother me. Normally I suck in all the air in the car and grab the sissy bar. (he really makes me nervous) I am re-thinking this shot a day theory.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Oh my gosh, you sure got my morning started with a good laugh. I've tried to drink a little wine since so many of my friends drink it but bottom line is I just don't like the taste of any of it. Over the lips or any other way..............LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 AM

I am a pretty heavy drinker, I have to admit. Our recycling container fills up in no time. We have had to have them bring an extra one for us. Dh talks about how much I drink, but I guess there is no controlling it.

They stop making bottled water, I don't know what I am going to do. Drink even more coffee, I guess.