Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"PROJECT INCOMPLETE" >

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

"PROJECT INCOMPLETE"

Old 10-25-2011, 03:09 AM

I spend WAAAAY too much time here, but I just can't help it!!! You all are the glue that holds me together some days! For the first time EVER, I started a new quilt without finishing the one I've been working (and working and working) on. What a feeling of freedom! Now, if only the quilt police don't come knocking on my door to tell me to get busy on the WIP!!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:37 AM

I'm guilty of that too. My LQS has classes and I'm always falling in love with the projects and sign up for class after class and starting something new. I have way too many quilt tops started, but I can't seem to keep myself from starting another new quilt. I guess you could say I'm addicted to starting something new!

Susan
Old 10-25-2011, 03:50 AM

We MUST be twins or clones......
Old 10-25-2011, 04:13 AM

I'm guilty and I have only one UFO . I just can't get myself to bind this one lap quilt and it's been almost a year since my daughter Lynn past away. I feel that if I finish the quilt I would loose her forever.Crazy aren't I???
Old 10-25-2011, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
"Project Incomplete", that's what I call it anyway.
I see a quilt on the QB, at Mo Star Quilt, or any of the countless internet sites we visit daily and know I just have to make it NOW!! I get the instructions, start pulling fabric and begin cutting and sewing. Beautiful, I'm so proud of myself, everything's going great.
I've earned a break, think I'll fix a cup of tea and visit the ladies of the "Quilting Board". Wow!! fantastic discussions, beautiful pictures, new tips, links, and evem the recipes.
Geez, that makes my sewing room look reallly sad, I've got to make that quilt Jenny made at MO Star, that Bargello looks like something I could handle.
I start duplicating Jenny's quilt cause she made it look soooo... easy. I can't stop thinking about that Bargello, so I start pulling from the stash again. By now the unfinished quilts are starting to back up and on and on and on and on....
Having exposed my shortcomings here, I was just wondering if I'm the only one suffering from this malady or are there others who get so excited when they see something new they just have to start it right now.
If you're not guilty, then how do you explain your stash of unfinished tops?? LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 AM

I just realized that I have the pattern and the fabric on my design wall where it has been for over a year and I had completely forgotten about it. SOOO guilty or doing the same thing. I'm too old to keep doin this-must finish something soon.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 AM

Guilty too-I have sooooooooooooooo many ideas for what I want to get done for the holidays and the quilts I've been promising to get done(one for at least 2 years)-I have projects to keep me busy into the next life and the one after that-However, every once in awhile I actually sort out all the mess , sit down, and finish one!!! Yes there is hope-its better than having creative block where you can't come up with anything!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:37 AM

Right there with ya....Despite a tumbling blocks in mid piecing, a finished top in mid-hand-quilting, needs to be done before Thanksgiving, three grocery bags uncut, two cut but not put together, today I started a bargello table runner for Fall. Just could not stop myself. Googled tube method, studied that, well, of course I need to try it NOW so that I commit it to memory before it slips out of my little pea brain. Is that a good excuse? Okay first section sewn, cut, sewn...LOVE IT. Ok just cut one more strip, laundry. One more, ok, two. Pick up burrs in the yard. Two rows sewn. Just one more,pleeeeaase.. Warm up leftover pot roast for dinner, can I squeeze out just one more row??? Several rows later, feed dogs...Another row, another section....Just one more....
Old 10-25-2011, 04:39 AM

I'm not guilty, I'm just working on many things at once!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 AM

I'm guilty as charged, but sometimes I don't get any farther than getting the pattern and material together. By then, another quilt pattern has grabbed my attention! LOL