Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ... >

If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ...

If you were going to invest in a higher-end machine ...

Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 AM

Boy oh bot you can tell how tired I was Viking was what I ment and take a look....

Connie
Old 12-07-2009, 07:00 AM

I have the Elna 7300 Pro Quilting Queen, which is very similar to the Janome 6600. I've only had it since spring, and haven't put it through a lot, but so far, I really like it...it has all the features I wanted, the stitching is even and good, it has over 100 decorative stitches, a large harp, doesn't seem real picky about thread, accufeed works great (I bought a couple extra accufeed feet). I found I have to set tension all the way up to 9 for FMQ, I wonder if that's common. The one thing that doesn't work so great is the scissors feature...it clips the bobbin thread so short that the top thread won't pick it up, so I just don't use it. I got it when a shop went out of business, so got a good deal on it (I think!). Took a class recently with a lady who had the Janome 6600, and we were comparing features, and they are very similar. She loves her, too.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 AM

what is IDF and why did you have to put a walking foot on the Viking? I bought one years ago and after paying $50 some at that time. The Vikings have upper and lower tenn adjustments, I haven't ever had to use the walking foot.
Just wondering... I love the 4 Vikings I have. The oldest one is the #1 over 19 years old, sew's so nice. The otheres are emb machines also, but piece so nice. The last 2 have the auto lift foot, awsome for doing applique work. Auto setting and drop the feed dogs for freehand quilting and thread painting.
Do you piece with a quarter inch foot or the open toe foot?