Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What could I make for Christmas Gifts... >

What could I make for Christmas Gifts...

What could I make for Christmas Gifts...

Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM

I think I'm going with the microwave bowl holders. I can't wait to try the first one.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
QuiltE, I havent seen someone use the term FART in a long time. Alot of people still look at it and go, What? I just love the term and the expression it brings to the face of those who dont know it and the look of pure joy for those of us that do and actually go on a FART every now and then. LOL
Oh my goodness ! tell us what that means-- I always thought it was to 'break wind' So funny xx Letty
Old 10-30-2013, 09:23 AM

Two inches up each side then draw a line across. She shows this part of the instructions laid out on a cutting board with measurements.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
I would make a little fabric gift bags with Christmas fabric. (Like a smallish tote) Bake up some goodies to put inside, add candy and some cocoa packets and it would be darling.
I like this idea or you could make the gift bags and get a cup from the dollar tree and put the hot cocoa packets in it with candy canes and whatever fancy's you.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 AM

I vote for the mug rug.........they would be great for either male or female and as mentioned manly type fabric, something girlish for the women. For those that do not drink coffee, but prefer soda [coke/pepsi, etc] maybe one of those non-sweat glasses or a 6 pack of their favorite soda vs a coffee cup to go with their mug rug. jmho. You didn't say how much you wanted to spend...so I'm thinking on the conservative side.
Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
Mug rugs with a coffee gift certificate? Or with a cup?
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM

FART= fabric acquisition road trip.......... LOL
Originally Posted by Letty View Post
Oh my goodness ! tell us what that means-- I always thought it was to 'break wind' So funny xx Letty
Old 10-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tiggersmom View Post
FART= fabric acquisition road trip.......... LOL
Thanks TiggersMom for solving the mystery ... I wasn't online all day.

For those looking for more clarity for all the acronyms that you see, here's a thread that might help you ....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...s-t178507.html
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM

I have made & sold way over 30 microwave bowls & have an order for 6 more. I sell them for $8.00 each. I taught my DD #3 how to make them & she is selling them like hotcakes now too. She sells hers for $10.00 each with no problems. Can't understand them not selling at a craft sale unless your price was to high. The price you ask for them may depend on the area one lives in. I make mine with a 12 1/2 inch sq. Most everyone else uses a 10 1/2 in sq.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I have made & sold way over 30 microwave bowls & have an order for 6 more. I sell them for $8.00 each. I taught my DD #3 how to make them & she is selling them like hotcakes now too. She sells hers for $10.00 each with no problems. Can't understand them not selling at a craft sale unless your price was to high. The price you ask for them may depend on the area one lives in. I make mine with a 12 1/2 inch sq. Most everyone else uses a 10 1/2 in sq.
They sell here only when they are explained! Otherwise they have no idea what it is or how to use it.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Halo ...Would you show us some pics of yours please?
I keep reading about microwave bowls and understand the concept ... just can't figure out how they are made/shaped to fit an assorted size of bowls/dishes. Please? and Thanks!

Applique ... I've been thinking much the same, that with them just sitting there at a show, passersby may not know what they are.