Pam Bono death

Old 10-03-2014, 07:36 PM

I am shell-shocked with such a senseless tragedy. The third quilt I made was a little wallhanging adapted from one of her patterns. I received her weekly emails and was well aware of her love for her children, grandchildren, her bulldogs, and her amazing talent. She will be sorely missed, and my heart goes out to her surviving family.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:38 PM

I was sewing tonight and felt so sad about losing such a wonderful teacher and quilter. So tragic.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:48 PM

WOW! Just such a waste of a good person and a life. I hope that in the coming days we'll be able to learn what drove him to do this..mental illness,physical illness...whatever...so sad.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:52 PM

This is such a tragic incident. I had chills run thru my body when I read the news right after it happened. I did some deeper research and it appears Pam had cancer (unless what was posted was wrong). It was her picture, age and all, so felt it was true. I'm wondering if it was so bad that maybe the hubby didn't want to go on if something happened to her and they decided this would be the way to go. Don't quite understand why he had to kill The Dude tho, so very sad. There's no way of knowing what was going on in their minds unless one of the family knows and will let us know eventually. The living are the ones to suffer now, do those that do suicide ever think of what it does to the remaining folks - I don't believe they do. I hope they are at peace now, and the family will heal quickly. Prayers to all of them.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:17 PM

This is indeed sad, we may never know the why, and that is ok. Whatever the reason, I hope they rest in peace
Old 10-03-2014, 10:31 PM

This is from the Pam's Club website. Hope it's OK to post.

"It is with a heavy heart that I announce the news of the deaths of Pam and Robert Bono on Sunday, September 21st. They were killed by a tragic accident, and our family is broken hearted in this horrible time. Many of you might want to know the circumstances of their death, but our family has decided to keep this private."

We can speculate but it seems we'll never know.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Power Poster

OMG! How tragic! While I deplore violence and don't like to see such things....I don't know why people have to destroy the lives of others. Free choice...kill yourself. But don't take others with you. I hope I am not sounding unkind or inappropriate.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by solstice3
OMG! How tragic! While I deplore violence and don't like to see such things....I don't know why people have to destroy the lives of others. Free choice...kill yourself. But don't take others with you. I hope I am not sounding unkind or inappropriate.
You don't sound unkind to me, just shocked, like the rest of us. I think that when people do this they have already convinced themselves that everyone would be better off...like the dog...that he wouldn't adjust to a new home, etc...not saying I agree at all..just that I think this is probably how they rationalize it.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:06 AM

We have so many seniors here in FL who are here basically without family support. They see it as the only way 'out' of incurring huge expenses, enduring extreme pain, or causing difficulty for their family. I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that murder/suicide is not unknown. While they had family nearby, there must have been othr factors that we don't and shouldn't know. May they rest in peace and may the family find solace and be able to keep private what they want to be private. So very sad for those left behind.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:11 AM

It is an awful tragedy, and very sad for the family/friends left behind. But I can actually relate, lost my husband just over 3 yrs ago to cancer, he suffered horribly, but thank God, only for a short time. I considered doing the same thing during that time, hated seeing him suffer, and now I'm left behind to continue suffering the loss of my soulmate! It truly is the Unimaginable!