Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Pop up Prize message >

Pop up Prize message

Pop up Prize message

Old 12-01-2017, 07:48 PM

Still happening on my ipad. I use safari. The first time it happened to me was when I was in the pictures section. For the first day it only happened while I was in the pictures section, now it is happening in all sections, and board will still reload, same error message someone else mentioned. Not happening on any other websites.
Rob
Old 12-01-2017, 10:51 PM

I had something similar happen and when I did an internet search, the way to fix it was to clear the internet history, then shut down and restart the computer. I have a MacBook Pro, the mini iPad and the iPhone6 - all of which have Safari.
Even though my daughters told me it was not necessary I have Norton 360 and when it was first put on it found some viruses that my daughters said wouldn't be there. (We also have a full size computer and an HP Laptop.)
Hope you can get this cleared up - it is a royal pain.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:41 AM

Something is different. Last night I had three different pop ups hijack me to another website in a couple of minutes on QB. This morning I’ve been on nearly an hour....and....no pop ups. Whoever fixed this has my thanks!
Old 12-02-2017, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
Something is different. Last night I had three different pop ups hijack me to another website in a couple of minutes on QB. This morning I’ve been on nearly an hour....and....no pop ups. Whoever fixed this has my thanks!
we will keep our fingers crossed.
thanks for posting this.
nice to see good news for a change. lol

i am keeping an eye on this and another thread, so if the problem starts again please post it here.
make sure to tell us [again?] the device and browser you are using.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 AM

I am also having this problem with my ipad. I use Safari, Quit using it for this site. I followed the instructions below and still having this problem this morning. As soon as I opened up a comment I got the obnoxious ad again about winning something. I shut it down and won't use the ipad again for this site. Thanks for trying to figure this out. grammasharon
Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I had something similar happen and when I did an internet search, the way to fix it was to clear the internet history, then shut down and restart the computer. I have a MacBook Pro, the miniIiPad and the iPhone6 - all of which have Safari.
Even though my daughters told me it was not necessary I have Norton 360 and when it was first put on it found some viruses that my daughters said wouldn't be there. (We also have a full size computer and an HP Laptop.)
Hope you can get this cleared up - it is a royal pain.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 AM

I've found the number of interruptions to be reduced today (hooray!) but still there. It seems like the trigger could be scrolling, as that's something the portable devices have in common. One new twist today is that the Google prize and Iphone ads have been joined by a nearly identical prize ad by an area cable company. It will be interesting to see if others have this.

charlotte
Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Administrator

do a search for ad blocker.
i believe you will find it's available for phones, pads, computers, and possibly your favorite pair of flip flops.