Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • charged for a punch card >
  • charged for a punch card

• charged for a punch card

Old 03-18-2019, 04:55 AM

I have decided to not pay for any place that is trying to sell me something. That includes admission to flea markets, quilt shop hops, and punch cards.
    Old 03-18-2019, 11:17 AM

I'm on the "no cards" side of the equation and I'm amazed how often I'll get argued with on why I want to join their clubs. I just smile and say I'm happy to pay full price since I come here so rarely and buy so little and that I've learned from experience I don't keep track of cards well nor do I wish to carry them with me. Also, no -- I don't want to give them ways to contact me and/or sell that email address or whatever either.

That goes for all businesses. I have never ever given out my cell number to anyone I don't personally know for example and haven't given out my home phone number in at least a decade -- and that includes stupid Comcast who almost every time I log in to my email that they want more information from me. They are not going to get it! I don't give out my email, and I do not sign up for sites that require me to register first to even look at them. Nope, Zulily, keep your deals to yourself. I know a lot of your are on Pinterest, but I'm not going there either.
    Old 03-18-2019, 02:42 PM

What is the difference if I have 2 partial punch cards or one full one? Local coffee punch card could care less how many partial card you have. The cards are destroyed any way. So how is a fabric store card system any different. Besides, every card not punched is a savings to the store. Sorry, I just don't get it.
    Old 03-19-2019, 04:39 AM
    Power Poster

I have a punch card from a shop in Amish country but I've never seen one that you had to pay for.
    Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 PM

We have one LQS that: doesn’t do punch cards & doesn’t do sales Ever. She says she doesn’t have too! Plus her least expensive??? Fabric is $11.99/yd and Up! She bad mouths your using Hobby Lobby & Joann’s coupons for anything quilting related saying their fabrics are not quilt worthy. However I have personally seen her at HL when working on a custom quilt and needing some fabric she didn’t have!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-21-2019 at 01:53 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps