Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you  hide your candy stash in your sewing room? >
  • Do you hide your candy stash in your sewing room?

• Do you hide your candy stash in your sewing room?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:55 AM

OMG. How perfect. LYPBBO......
    Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by rannyof3
    I don't have to hide my "stash", since I live alone, except for my two dogs. BUT - - - my daughter got me a 5 lb. HERSHEY BAR for Christmas. It may just take me a while to get throught that one. I'm going to have to buy SEVERAL jars of Jif to go with it. Hope the picture comes through
    My mouth is watering just looking at that 5lb. Hersey Bar! Yum!
    Old 12-30-2009, 12:20 PM

I wish I could but I can't. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with type 2diabetes and since I have no control when it comes to chocolate for my own good I eat it in front of the candy police. One look from him and I don't go for the second or third piece. I must admit, since you all are so nice and I know you wouldn't turn me in, I sometimes have a candy when he's not looking.
    Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt
    I wish I could but I can't. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with type 2diabetes and since I have no control when it comes to chocolate for my own good I eat it in front of the candy police. One look from him and I don't go for the second or third piece. I must admit, since you all are so nice and I know you wouldn't turn me in, I sometimes have a candy when he's not looking.
    I would NEVER tell....not ever!
    Old 12-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt

If you have a local candy shop that makes their own, you may find some diabetic candy that doesn't taste like it is made for diabetics. My dad couldn't have candy either once he was diagnosed with diabetes, so he was thrilled when I found our local shop made such high quality candy that he could eat.
    Old 01-19-2010, 12:38 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one... really I thought we all did that.haha
    Old 01-19-2010, 01:18 PM

I just put my Fanny Mae candy into the almost empty Whitmans box. Since hubby did his share of emptying, He thinks that it only contains the ones he doesn't like...hehehe. The box is sitting next to the computer which is 4 ft. from the sewing machine. I also have a clear candy jar behind the computer screen that he doesn't know about, filled with dark M&M's.
    Old 01-19-2010, 01:22 PM

My sewing room is also the room I sleep in...and play video games in...and anything else I do. Its the "everything room". I live with four other people who don't care if I put labels like "Sam's Doritoes!!!" and they always manage to find my hiding spots so I've been kind of forced to hide all my candy and snacks in my sewing/sleeping/gaming/everything room. They know if they go into my very personal space and take stuff I'll rip them a new one.
    Old 01-19-2010, 02:19 PM

I have to hide my goodies because if I don't, Sasha will eat them guaranteed, and then he'll give me crap for leaving them where he will find them and it's my fault if he gains weight (he's not even fat, like, 170 lbs, I think)
    We usually don't have too much junk food in the house but now being pregnant, if I walk by the bag of skittles on my way out of the grocery store, I *need* them, so yeah... blame the baby!

Also, I have to confess that I went to WalMart this afternoon, so now I have a bag of white cheddar popcorn, a bag of valentine candies, and some twizzlers...lol!
    Old 01-19-2010, 06:18 PM

Everything I want to save a bite, serving, bar, or piece of for later snacking I hide in my sewing room, because DH never sticks more than his head in that room. However, he's the original junk food junkie, and would never leave so much as potato chip hanging around for later use. On the other hand, me being the self-controlled, "dainty" snacker that I am, can leave some snack foods for later - that is, of course, if it isn't ice cream, and that I hide behind the veggies in the freezer. :)