Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What am I missing in this brainstorm????? >

What am I missing in this brainstorm?????

What am I missing in this brainstorm?????

Old 05-01-2010, 04:46 PM

We have outlets, outlets, and outlets in the family room. My dad worked for the electric utility for 42 years and designed the wiring for this house. It used to be an electric baseboard heat home, but I converted the house to natural gas forced air and added central air, too. With the extra insulation and great windows, the house is very energy efficient. She's a darling 33 years old this summer.

Ironing surface will be my homemade Big Board on top of the regular ironing board.

We have a 3/4 bath just off of the family room.

Now for the clincher, while I was outside planting flowers my hubby decided to change the vacuum cleaner bags and prepare to vacuum the family room and bedroom. He did a great job and even dusted to wipe down dust on surfaces.
He left two areas for me to clean, but the majority of the work is done.

I have asthma and allergy issues so he didn't want me to be exposed to the dust. He used the big vacuum with Hepa filter and his dear shop vac.

You are so right about getting a small vac to clean up the area daily. They are less than 50 bucks so I've put that on my list.

Thanks again, for your input. I appreciate you! :-)
Old 05-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Sounds like a terrific room in the making! I do agree that the material would be nice to in the same area if possible! All the other ideas and luxuries are all perfect!
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Wow! I think you have thought of everything! It sounds ideal!
yes, sounds good
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 AM

And, a LARGE SAFE, to store your money for future purchases... material and tools..... hee hee
Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 AM
cae

Your room sounds wonderful - but I also think more convenient to have your material close to you!!!!

cae
Old 05-02-2010, 04:49 AM

WOW. That sounds great to me. I don't see any down side to your plan. Go for it and have your own space!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Google Goddess

design wall, comfortable chair for a sitting area with good lighting

have fun!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:15 PM

Well, I am pleased to report that I cleaned out a closet today and got all of the "stashed" (hidden) material packets out in the open. This was accomplished while DH was doing something else.

I reorganized some household items and DH was pleased with the "empty" or "spacious" looking storage area.

Now for the fabric. It was mostly Thimbleberries kits I hadn't made up. I bought the kits when I was part of a club. The colors are dark and I never got around to making up the kits.

Now, the fabrics are separated by color: brick reds to rust; blue; green; gold, brown, and black; and neutrals.:-)
With quality fabric at stake, I can go shopping in the closet.

I also went through the major fabric stash closet where I store collections, backings, and fabric cut in to usable strips and squares; and fat quarters.

Oh my word, I had told DH that it was fine with me if I didn't ever use everything up. I enjoy sewing and it is both my mental health break and creative outlet. If something happens to me, he is to contact my quilter friends who will share the stash and my kids won't have to go through that part of the estate:-)

The second freeing thing I did was bag up some fabric and/or projects that I know I will never work on again. I'll take those to guild tomorrow evening and share.

Lastly, I have two (yes, that's correct) tubs of kits which await my pleasure.

So as of tonight, I know what I have in stock, have had the pleasure of petting the fabric, and can pick out two or three projects to take downstairs to work on.

Whew! We're making progress:-) I will reward myself by sewing tomorrow.

Piecefully yours,
Kay
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

I would love to have a sewing room, that is such a neat idea. thank you for sharing, God bless. Penny
Old 05-03-2010, 04:00 AM

I know your head is spinning! It is very frustrating and messy. Im doing the same thing right now, only I thought I was downsizing. After cleaning things out, keeping what I would use, and finally getting organized, I have more room than what I thought. I even have more room for new fabric, WAHOO! For years I would rip pictures out of mags. or patterns and stash them in the plastic sleeves, I have 4 3ring binders full, think about how many mags. that was! They all got recycled.I also agree with the idea of a mini frige and coffee maker. I have them in my sewing room.This way, if im really into a project, I dont have to leave, and the bathroom is right next door.
I have been to the UP and I love it there, it is beautiful! Good luck with your room! :D