Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 31, TR12, J7, F3, K8 >

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 31, TR12, J7, F3, K8

Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party, Week 31, TR12, J7, F3, K8

Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 PM

Hello all, just wondering if weeks 34, 35, 36 and 37 have been posted as I can't find them on the main board. Thanks in anticipation,
Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Nope ozceb, you will have to start working backwards now as you are all caught up with us. We have just got up to week 32, we are all working to that schedule and trying not to intimidate the others who might not be quite so quick or had other projects that needed finishing, like me LOL. Every 5 weeks we have a week off to help with that situation.

Elle
Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 PM

Thanks Elle, I thought I had missed something!! Must say I'm finding the software very tedious and painful, all I want to do is print some tri blocks so I can get on with it. Plan to take another looksee at that shortly see if I can find a shortcut. I see you rather like Asian fabrics too. Cheers CB (Carro)
Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by ozecb
Thanks Elle, I thought I had missed something!! Must say I'm finding the software very tedious and painful, all I want to do is print some tri blocks so I can get on with it. Plan to take another looksee at that shortly see if I can find a shortcut. I see you rather like Asian fabrics too. Cheers CB (Carro)
Carro, I love asian fabrics. I am also at the moment quilting one in Asian fabrics called Japanese Fans, love the quilt, hate the quilting.

Donīt forget you have to resize the Tris to 5" x 8" when you do them the software doesnīt do this automatically for you.

What probs are you having with the software, maybe I can help

:shock: I am surprisingmyself saying that, but I got on really well with this software.

Elle
Old 08-20-2010, 02:01 AM

Totally understand Elle, I have a few crates of Asians, oops forgot about the other little caches I have scattered around and oh yes, the larger pieces for backings tucked away somewhere else!
All I want to do is point the cursor and print away. Trouble is I sit in front of a computer 8 hours (and more) a day working and don't want to go back after work and teach myself the whole BP routine. But have just been looking at the Software book again and will try printing from the quilt tomorrow. Plus I have to teach myself applique, just been reading the DJ tute on that too. Ah, so much to do so little time. CB

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Carro, I love asian fabrics. I am also at the moment quilting one in Asian fabrics called Japanese Fans, love the quilt, hate the quilting.

Donīt forget you have to resize the Tris to 5" x 8" when you do them the software doesnīt do this automatically for you.

What probs are you having with the software, maybe I can help

:shock: I am surprisingmyself saying that, but I got on really well with this software.

Elle
Old 08-20-2010, 02:16 AM

Well if this helps as a shortcut this is what I do. BTW totally understand about sitting in ront of a puter 8 hours what a bummer LOL.

Here we go :

Open up DJ.
Point to Library and open up Libraries
Open up Centre Blocks
Pick out Row you want , Say "A" for instance
Choose your block and click on it. There will be a green edge around it. Click on Copy.
If this is already in your Sketchbook it will tell you if so close this box and go to
View. Click on Sketchbook, all blocks will appear you have copied.
Click your block and click Edit. Your block will come up as a new page.
Go to File and click on Print a foundation Pattern or whatever.
Go to preview at the bottom of this option and just check its all on one page.
If its not, at the top of the page is a button called "move".
Click on this and you can move your pieces around tofit 1 page or at most 2 pages.

Hope this helps.

Elle
Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 AM

Great, thanks Elle, cut and pasted your instructions and will give it a go tomorrow. Afraid I lose patience with the 'user manual' - too much information. Time for me to put computa to bed, and me soon too, after I do some more DJ block planning. Cheers, CB
Old 08-20-2010, 04:02 AM

Your welcome,glad I could help

Elle
Old 08-20-2010, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Hello all, just wondering if weeks 34, 35, 36 and 37 have been posted as I can't find them on the main board. Thanks in anticipation,
I can post week 34, 35 and 36 for you if you would like...I'll do that today after I take pics of my blocks. I've got some computer problems, but I'll see if I can figure out how to post from my new lappie since my old girl is rebelling because I hurt her feelings by buying a new computer.

Like Elle said, printing the tris aren't hard IF you remember to check the little box saying "size from quilt"... or simply change them to 5 x 8...you do have to do it every time though. Boy...you are flying!!!! Maybe you should be posting some of the weeks!!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:42 AM

Okay, go ahead and post Patti, as Lesley is in the UK I think until tomorrow. I have just finished week 33 and will post soon when I get them trimmed.