Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Needing a (big) nudge >

Needing a (big) nudge

Needing a (big) nudge

Old 07-28-2010, 07:51 AM

my husband looks in mine and complains all the time, what a mess... but its my organized mess.. if someone was to walk in and say where is this, I would know where it is... it might look like its going to bust at the seams... but its my messy heaven
Old 07-28-2010, 07:55 AM

I just wish our back door and garage door wasn't located in that room because then I could close the door and put up a "Enter at your own peril" sign. Unfortunately, I have kids and a husband going into that room all the time and in the summer, we are out on our patio all the time. I straighten it up when we have company and plan on using our patio, but otherwise, it gets straightened up (or messed up worse) when I am looking for something I need.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by PuffinGin
I'm posting a NOW picture of my sewing room in the hopes that it'll shame me into getting in there and cleaning it up so I can get going on some birthday blocks and a wallhanging I need to get to right now. As you can see, I have fabric, newly purchased and stuff I took from my stash to find what I need for some not-quite-yet WIPs. Need to wash and put away fabric, patterns, general stuff before I can even think of sewing. It's an embarassment. I'm hoping that posting this photo will act like a public stockade. Look for an "AFTER" photo from me in a few days. I hope.
I would say your problem is the same as mine, not enough storage space. I bet some extra shelving and a file cabinet or two would make all the difference in the world.

I have a bee over at my house once a month and it forces me to keep my sewing room in something resembling order, otherwise it would be a complete wreck! I'm glad no one drops by between meetings though. Right now I've got a quilt laid out on the display wall, a quilt laid out on the floor with unattached borders I'm working on, a HUGE pile of fabric covering the rest of the floor, several stacks of magazines in binders that hubby had me unpack but that I have no place to put, and a few bags of scraps I desperately need to go through and organize that I keep hiding whenever anyone comes over. :oops: Shh, don't tell on me.

Misty, I wish I lived close enough to come and help you piece together all those amazing piles of fabric to help get them out of the way for you. ;) Your photos made me itch to go shopping at your place! :lol:
Old 07-28-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by PuffinGin

Misty, I wish I lived close enough to come and help you piece together all those amazing piles of fabric to help get them out of the way for you. ;) Your photos made me itch to go shopping at your place! :lol:
Umm... thanks. This is about 1/25th of the fabric I own. :oops: I have a guest room downstairs that houses most of my fabric. That room is VERY organized. I have more fabric out in my garage right now than I have in this room!

I am thinking I will be moving all my colored scrap baskets up to the sewing room and all the bigger chunks of fabric downstairs. That way, when I am working on little projects, I don't have to run up and down the stairs for scraps and as I use up bigger chunks, I don't have to take the scraps downstairs to organize.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:08 AM

This looks like my yarn/sewing room and I had it so pretty back in the winter now its time to do it all over again. Libby
Old 07-28-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by libbyb
This looks like my yarn/sewing room and I had it so pretty back in the winter now its time to do it all over again. Libby
Isn't it amazing how quickly an organized room can become so disorganized? I truly believe there are gremlins in mine.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:02 AM

I think that's a futon in the left forefront of your photo? I have one that looks like that, with a quilt serving as a slipcover (they look nice with the quilt covering, both yours and mine), but the neatness ends there as it's a good spot for projects-in-waiting etc.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:28 AM

You are not alone with the messy sewing room. I thought I was looking at mine.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
You consider your room a mess? Whew, is my room in trouble!! :-)
DITTO!
Wini - House of BCC in Houston
Old 07-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
What a woman!! Such courage, such passion, let me know how this works for you!! My husband is a neat freak, I'm not.....my sewing room looks a whole lot like yours in fact. He thinks that I am the only person on earth with a unkempt sewing area! 8-)
Mine is definately worse... But then I do have to say I do not have a husband or kids living in the house.... I do what I want when I want!!!
Wini - House of BCC in Houston