Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club" >
  • Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

• Good Evening Quilters "Quilters Evening Club"

Old 09-03-2010, 04:39 PM

Not working on anything tonight---am so tired. Husband has been sick with fever and rash---nothing serious, it is from nerves because he still has not found a job----took my grown daughter to doctor---she had a tubal pregnancy and they had to terminate. Very emotional day and week. Am watching WWE Wrestling and going to bed. Will get up in the morning and quilt 2 baby quilts for Downy Quilts for Kids--one is already done---will post pics tomorrow when hubby shows me how.
    Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 PM

working on a lot of things right now putting a border and backing on 1 quilt, trying to finish a wedding quilt for my cousins wedding in 20 days, and working on a bunch of lap quilts for veterans in the va hospital i thought they would be a very nice personalized gifts that my husbands chapter could hand out for christmas yes very busy
    kim
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
    Google Goddess

I just saw your note Elizabeth

so I created the thread for us

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-64766-1.htm#1587030

Originally Posted by elizabeth
    Hello CraftyCritter! (I will always call you a critter because you got me addicted to that word game)

I am working on a BOM from Connecting Threads (i think) called Moolight Dancing. It has 12 blocks (sampler style). I have made 11 and now I don't like it anymore. And I have a new thread you can get started, "what is one of your favorite quilting gadgets/notions" Since you are so good at getting things started (word game) this would be a good one.
    Elizabeth
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
    Google Goddess

What is everyone working on tonight?

I am surfing,finding cool links and posting them to my blogs.

Craftybear
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 PM

I am reading a book, "Lies Women Believe, and the Truth That Sets them Free"---Well I was until I came on the forum!
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:44 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Could you all send some of that rain west to California...my part in particular. This Seattle girl still has webbed feet! LOL. I don't get to sew tonight because I have to drive my DD into town for her TaeKwonDo lessons. But will be finishing my DSIL's handbag tomorrow.
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM

I'm only reading threads right now as I got up so dizzy this morning could harly walk, turned into stomach flu. Had to get a sub for my classes tonight. That makes me mad, I enjoy my classes and as we are just starting, know some of those ladies needed help tonight.
    This is a nice thread though, nice to hear from all the different states and countries. Ditter 43, how are you feeling now? And tussymussy, what did you have done to your eyes?
    I think this board is wonderful too. Going to lay down again. Oh, our weather has cooled into the high 80's this week, with strong wind every day. No rain here for months.
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Hello, I am in a sit and sew group which meets on Tues night. It is just a group of friends that meet at a senior center. We each bring a dish to pass and quilt. I went tonight, but didn't do much quilting. I am making a quilt that has two boarders with miter corners. I did it wrong so I have to unsew. I have been subbing for special ed. and found I was to tired to start unsewing. It was a fun time anyway. Marilu-MI
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    I'm only reading threads right now as I got up so dizzy this morning could harly walk, turned into stomach flu. Had to get a sub for my classes tonight. That makes me mad, I enjoy my classes and as we are just starting, know some of those ladies needed help tonight.
    This is a nice thread though, nice to hear from all the different states and countries. Ditter 43, how are you feeling now? And tussymussy, what did you have done to your eyes?
    I think this board is wonderful too. Going to lay down again. Oh, our weather has cooled into the high 80's this week, with strong wind every day. No rain here for months.
    Pat, I hope you get to feeling better really soon.
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
    Hi Pats8e8, I hope you are feeling better now. I had a major reaction to an itsy bitsy cataract. So they took it out. For over a week I looked like something out of the Terminator films with a beautiful black eye and the eyeball a light burgundy colour.

It certainly made a stir whenever I ventured out. All healed now, but still can't have new glasses yet, so have long vision and poor reading sight in one eye, good reading sight no long vision in the other eye!

However, getting used it so have gone back to the Xmas prezzie I started before the op. Making a applique wall hanging of a house decorated for Xmas with lights on, cat in the window, large tree outside with star on top on a snowy night.

Machining around those snowflakes with dodgy sight has been a bit of a nightmare. Just one to finish tomorrow!