Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Slow cooker receipe >

Slow cooker receipe

Slow cooker receipe

Old 10-27-2010, 06:30 AM

1 pork roast
1 pkg. sauerkraut
1 Tbsp. Gravy Master

Combine sauerkraut and gravy master in crockpot, place raw roast on top, cook on low for 6-8 hours. The roast and Gravy Master give the sauerkraut a delicious flavor, I serve with baked potatoes and another veggie.

My sister hates sauerkraut, but will eat this by the bowl : )
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM

Sounds so good!
Originally Posted by smtp5
Another one--

Crockpot Cube/Salisbury Steak w/Gravy

6 to 8 cube steaks

Flour

Salt & pepper

Garlic powder

Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning

Olive oil

2 envelopes brown gravy

1 envelope mushroom/onion gravy

3 c. water

2 t. Worcestershire sauce

Sliced sweet onion

Sprinkle the cube steaks with salt, pepper, garlic powder & Montreal seasoning, dredge in flour & brown on both sides with olive oil in med. high skillet.

Mix gravy packets with water and layer the ingredients in crockpot. Cook on low for about 5 hours. Great with mashed OR smashed potatoes!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Sam's Club here often has eye of round roast or steaks on sale and we make a crockpot full so that we always have some in the freezer.

I vary the flavors by using brown gravy or red wine or onion soup mix or sliced onions and different herbs (thyme, bay, rosemary). If I have used a liquid rather than gravy then I just thicken up with some cornstarch before serving.

I do NOT brown them first - just put them in and let them go all day in your choice of liquid and seasoning.

Skipping the flour and browning as well as trimming the fat all off makes it a bit lower on the grease scale!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Hubby loves this:
6 italian sausages
1/2 of a large onion sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Layer in crock pot and cook for 6 hours on medium
Makes a great sandwich and the sauce is great on pasta.
Medium? I have 3 different sized crock pots and my only options are low or high. Do you brown sausage first? Has anyone tried turkey sausage? i'm on a low fat diet d/t high cholesterol issues
Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nita
Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Hubby loves this:
6 italian sausages
1/2 of a large onion sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Layer in crock pot and cook for 6 hours on medium
Makes a great sandwich and the sauce is great on pasta.
Medium? I have 3 different sized crock pots and my only options are low or high. Do you brown sausage first? Has anyone tried turkey sausage? i'm on a low fat diet d/t high cholesterol issues
I am making this recipe today for the third time. Husband loves it. Good football game meal!!! I put mine on High for about four hours and then on low for the rest of the time. I do not brown my sausage first. I have just used mild Italian sausage and Ragu Robusto sauce. I use hot dog b uns - tried brat buns/hogie buns, but they are too bready. I also serve with a small bowl of extra sauce for dunking (which we Minnesotans do - we dunk anything!) Edie (Just a person who tried this recipe and when a husband loves it, you know it has to be the best.)
Old 10-31-2010, 07:44 AM

Hi! Everyone, Thanks so much for posting these great recipes. I have a crockpot but never use it alot because I never cared for meat that was "swimming" in its juices; growing up in South we cooked a little differently, most of the time the meat was cooked dry roasted. So I learned to love rare roast beef, ham and fried chicken but I married a man from New Jersey and my cooking has had to change a little. I have to admit he is flexible and has learned to eat some of what I like too!!!
Not long ago my DH purchased a CrockPot BQ Cooker. I love it! I can slow cook the meat the way he likes but it has a rack that keeps the meat out of the fat. Several weeks I tried this recipe that I found on CrockPot BQ website:

Beef Roast- I used a small rump roast
1pkg dry Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Combine the dry and can soups together and blend. Spread soup mixture over the roast and place it on the rack in the BQ Cooker. Cook on high for 6-8hrs.

This was the best tasting roast I've had in a while. And it sort of tasted like my Mother's Sunday Roast except her's would have been a little rare in the center.
The rack in the cooker can be used for cooking ribs but haven't tried that yet. My heritage says ribs are supposed to be cooked on the grill(!!!) but this winter when its too cold, this cooker may just some use! Chris
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM

Sounds good.After having a discussion on here about slow cooker brands....they all get high marks,I decided not to buy another one.
After mine died :-)...realized I seldom used it.We have a very small place & anything not used needs to be gone.
Will try your recipe, adapted to my dutch oven on top of stove or in the oven. I have a rack for it,so I bet it will be great!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Hi! I don't use my regular crockpot alot either. I love soups and stews cooked in the crockpot but I never cared whole pieces of meat cooked that way. And because of the long cooking time, I don't always think about starting dinner early in the morning; because I don't work and don't have to worry about what's for dinner till later in the afternoon. Take care, Chris
Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Hi! Thanks so for this recipe, my husband loved it and there was enough pork left that I can make the Pulled Pork BBQ recipe. I didn't buy the loin but something called a pork sirloin roast. Probably worked the same but it a very reasonably priced piece of meat. Went to my sewing group this morning and when I got home, dinner was ready! Chris
Originally Posted by pattypurple
Pork and sweet potatoes
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Put in bottom of crockpot. Spoon 1/2 cup apricot preserves over potatoes. Place pork loin or tenderloin on top of potatoes then cover with another 1/2 cup preserves. Cook 6-8 hours on low.
Delicious. Amounts are as you need/ size of crockpot.

Pat
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio
cole slaw
do you or does anyone have a good receipe for home made slaw?
1/2 head of chopped up cabbage (depending on how many you're feeding) this one serves about 5
2 TBLS sugar
2 TBLS vinegar
4 TBLS mayo
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
pepper

Mix all together and chill...