Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I am asking for new kitchen towels and dishrags! I was folding my old ones and realized what bad shape they were in. Why do I keep using old holey stained kitchen linens? LOL.
I am with you on this one! Washed and folded the last ones after this weekend, kitchen linens are definitely on the list. And perhaps gift cards to the fabric store.....my girls know how much I appreciate that as they usually end up with the finished products!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 AM

I am asking for new kitchen towels and dishrags! I was folding my old ones and realized what bad shape they were in. Why do I keep using old holey stained kitchen linens? LOL.
BellaBoo, You are easy to please! While you are hinting about the kitchen towels and dishcloths, tell the family that you'd like white terry cloth hand towels from Costco (about $20 for 12 towels) and white terry cloth washcloths (also in bundles of 12). I've been buying these for use in my kitchen for years. Love it, everything matches, they hold up well to abuse, and very inexpensive.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 AM

My kids are asking me what I'd like for a gift this year. I'm a mom so I say kitchen help and a hug are all I want. This gets an eye roll every year. ( I tell them that's my present watching the eye rolls). I'd like to know what you are asking for that can be wrapped. :lol:
I just tell my DH and my kids who are both young adults just go and get me gift certificates at all my favorite fabric and quilting stores...I have a hard time justifying money spent especially when this bill needs to be paid or I should really use the money for something else. So at Christmas time I get 5 or 6 gift certificates it is so much fun and I can go buy whatever I want. They come in handy on meloncholy days when I am not feeling well or when I simply need a quilting mental health day..Blessings and Happy Holidays to All!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:34 AM

I always have a list ready early. The girls love that. My sister started doing that years ago for all of us and it was so nice to have and idea of what she would really like . I have a pretty long list so they will be able to choose what they would like ,but also stuff I need or would just like to have. Quilting stuff is usually at the top of the list. LOL
Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 AM

I try to be as specific as possible (from past experience of someone getting the wrong thing). Magazine subscriptions, books, bobbins or machine feet or just a Gift Card to your favorite quilt shop. That's my list.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:17 AM

Last year I made a contribution to Heifer International in the name of my daughter and son-in-law. They thought it was a wonderful idea and have requested the same this year, although my daughter requested a donation to the Susan Komen Foundation, as I have a niece whom she's very close to, fighting breast cancer. I also cannot have my son and my daughter over at the same time because of some very serious incidents.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:23 AM

My Christmas gift is the airfare to go see my Daughter, Son-In-Law and 1 year old Granddaughter for Christmas. My husband and I agreed that would be all we needed. We haven't been able to be with our daughter for Christmas for 6 years. My Son-in-laws parents are always there. But this year they are not going so we could. I can't wait. It will be the best Christmas in years.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 AM

My Christmas present is really my prayer for my family to once again be the loving, caring for one another family it used to be. For my kids to put down their 'stands', etc. and to forgive and love each other, in spite of their differences and that all of my grandchildren could know one another. It is the most important gift to me this year.

My sweet, sweet husband gives whatever I need and want throughout the year. I try to be extra careful about my 'wants' for if I ever got them all, I am sure it would not be good for me.

Merry Christmas every one and may you enjoy each day as Christmas draws nearer. :-D
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned

I want a new iron! I've wanted a new iron for several years, but my DH doesn't think that is a 'good' Christmas present.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 AM

Last year my DH got me a gift card for the LQS, and at first I thought that was pretty lame, "could have given it more thought than just a gift card"; Well,let me tell you, I finally finished using it up just this last week, and it has kept me in all the tools, notions, batting and extras that I have wanted all year. Can you imagine my sweet DH, buying batting or fabric? That gift card was just perfect. Hope he does it again this year.