Where ya from?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:14 PM

Maryland here!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:23 PM

I hide my location in my user name! Texas is a state of mind. All are welcome!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:44 PM

[/quote]I agree..I am in the telephone book, my college alumni publications, church directory etc. etc. just try googling yourself.[/quote]

Heaven Forbid! You are so correct, kathidahl. I googled myself and not only did they list my new address, but they (whoever they are) had how old I was and a couple sites where I have been quoted within. Only problem is there is two of me! lol Seems another lady with same name lives on the west coast.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:59 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

I agree..I am in the telephone book, my college alumni publications, church directory etc. etc. just try googling yourself.[/quote]

Heaven Forbid! You are so correct, kathidahl. I googled myself and not only did they list my new address, but they (whoever they are) had how old I was and a couple sites where I have been quoted within. Only problem is there is two of me! lol Seems another lady with same name lives on the west coast.[/quote]

That is so true..we think our name is unique to us..funny to find there are "several" of some of us! My 92 year old homemaker Mom is amazed to find out she has a PhD and has been a college professor for many years..LOL.

And isn't it fun to see how quilting unites us and how diverse are the places we call home.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 PM

I agree, it was so very exciting when first I joined the club to see where all the welcomes came from.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
I enjoy seeing the world wide presence of the members of this board...what I wonder is why some of us do not say where in the world we are, but just put in some clever thing. Share why you would not put your real location in instead of some virtual thing.
this has been an off-and-ongoing question for a long time now.
there are simply people who don't want anyone to know where they are, not even their state, as though saying their state name would somehow endanger them. there was once a map, showing, with dots, where the member population was concentrated. if you contact patrice or admin, maybe they can run it again for you.

i agree that seeing different styles of quilting and knowing where they come from would be interesting, but getting that info from some members is like pulling teeth. believe me, i tried once and you've never heard such lame excuses in your life for not saying why they're in hiding. who's after them?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:17 PM

colorful Colorado here,
Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by GladGrams
I grew up in a suburb of Phila. Pa (Ridley Township). Transplanted to Norway 20 years ago. I live now in southern Norway in a little town called Vennesla just outside of Kristiansand.
So cold there now, but I love your logo, it really warms up the heart. Sunshine love for you.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM

I like that people can put a bit of their story in the 'Location:' space. It's a very nice touch.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 AM

I'm from Ohio, a drive's woth distance from The Doormouse (a quilt shop)
I used google earth once to see my house. I did, and realized the dogs have worn a path in the yard that can be seen by google earth!
Speaking of google earth, I had this great idea, but its greatness was not shared by my sailor son, out in San Diego. I told him he should take some duct tape and on the top of his car, use it to spell "HI MOM" Noone would see it in the Navy parking lot except me