Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clean up your sewing room. >

Clean up your sewing room.

Clean up your sewing room.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:16 AM

You know, I could get something accomplished if you people didn't keep replying to comments, and interrupting me :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM

I buy, just in case, you never know when you will need it, and then i will always have it, and not have to run out for it. All my calicos are from many years ago and the most i paid was probaly 1.00 a yard. but its there when i need it. Sales are sooo much fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM

We bad, we know it. We love it.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM

""I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... ""
too funny.

In 2008 my sewing rooms in our basement flooded.
A blessing in disguise.

I don't know about that but we did clean everything out. Sorted washed and dried 52 loads of fabric(big washer loads)
It allowed me to see everything I have.Fabric packed in totes and organized by color. trims,laces etc all organized.

It was a huge job.One I do not want to repeat.But now I go shopping in my basement an find what I am looking for.

I am happy to have the stash with the predicted price increases.
judy j
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My hubby was home sick last week....and I came home from Joann's with a bunch of flannel and a couple from the closeout tables....I forgot he was home! Just walked in and he said " and I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... :oops:
that is so cute..he is pretty clever...just tell me yeah I just pick out a few every day to honor....LOL
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My hubby was home sick last week....and I came home from Joann's with a bunch of flannel and a couple from the closeout tables....I forgot he was home! Just walked in and he said " and I suppose that these fabrics just wanted to go for a ride?"... :oops:
Busted!!! LOL My DH always says "I didn't know we needed more fabric!" My usual response is "I didn't know we needed more (fill in the blank: tools, light bulbs, music, etc.) Truthfully, he has never once in 44 yrs of marriage denied me anything I wanted or asked how I spent our money. Bless his heart! He's a keeper!
Old 01-26-2011, 10:43 AM

I put up peg board last week and hung up all my rulers and doo dads. What a difference a 2 ft by 4 ft piece of wood can make! My fabric isn't if too bad shape, so I am feeling very proud of myself
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM

I wish I could clean my sewing room in an afternoon. I not only have fabric, crafts items, but to many sewing machines. I have enough fabric to last me a 150+ years, so unless I really needed it now, I don't buy anything. I cut 4 quilts out with the accuquilt go, so now I only have to start sewing and quilting. I just need more time to do it all.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:07 AM

Hi Debra: When you decide to get rid of more fabric, please remember our small quilting group of elderly ladies. We make quilts for people who lose their homes and possessions to fires and believe me it keeps us hopping just to try to keep up. We don't even have any funds to pay postage I am sorry to say. Most of our members are on a fixed income and just making blocks is about all they can manage. One of the members in the past has machine quilted them for us or we would have been in deep dodoo when it comes to quilting as most of our members piece, but don't hand quilt anymore.

Thanks for thinking of us when the time comes.

Lee Ripp
Nimble Thimble Quilt Group
Old 01-26-2011, 11:15 AM

If my sewing room were organized for more than a day, it would mean I am sick. That poor room is always in chaos, and I guess I like it like that, or I would do something about it.