Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED  July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st >

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

CLOSED July Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 1st

Old 07-13-2011, 11:52 AM

So how goes it with the best swappers out there? We are doing so good this month I am so proud of each and every one of you. I am at a loss right now, I don't have any thing that has to be done (as for sewing that is!) I am working on my row robin but other than that I am offically caught up! Oh one thing does anyone know where to get a picture of a comet? I am thinking of appliquing it on my block for the Night Sky row I am doing.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
So how goes it with the best swappers out there? We are doing so good this month I am so proud of each and every one of you. I am at a loss right now, I don't have any thing that has to be done (as for sewing that is!) I am working on my row robin but other than that I am offically caught up! Oh one thing does anyone know where to get a picture of a comet? I am thinking of appliquing it on my block for the Night Sky row I am doing.
check these out
http://www.google.com/search?q=comet...fe=images&tbs=
Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM

I received a wonderfull package from my secret pal CAgirl1 today. She sent me beautiful fabric, a quiltmagazine where i allready picked some future projects from, a ruler set, embroidery scissors, cinnamon gum and a big bag of lifesavers, thank you soo much, love everything!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225856.jpe  
Old 07-13-2011, 11:58 AM

skimming through this thread, seems when I can get to it, I have pages and pages to catch up on.

Are we doing a Christmas in July theme? If so I was going to send something to my pal tomorrow with her squishy, definitly staying away from the snake theme LOL
Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 PM

how could you achieve this look in fabric?

http://sites.google.com/site/larryge...-lulin-gallery
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 PM

I am almost done for my Sp, just have to make something. Not sure which something I want to do this month. I have some ideas, but not much time to get them done before mail date. Caught up with quilting a wedding quilt and my round robin is behind a few days. Praise the Lord for grace.
I hope she will like her package. Picked up a couple of things in Montana while on vacation so did not have to pay sales tax so could spend just a bit more on the good stuff.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
how could you achieve this look in fabric?

http://sites.google.com/site/larryge...-lulin-gallery
You could do a resist spatter on black. I would check out the fabric paints at Jukebox.com. (I think that is the site) They have some nice paints that could give you that effect. I would then start with a high thread count base and then do some dying and painting. Otherwise it would be some heavy fabric shopping to get close. Ricky Tims fabrics have some nice hand dye colorations that might give you some of those effects as well.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Not sure if I posted a big thank you to grandmapeg for the great pkg that she sent me, great fabric andawsome thread that I can't wait to use!!!! Thanks again---On another note I live in Flathead county!!! I hope that it's for me---I did 2 sp this month and I had so much fun because they were both so different so I got to do lots of shopping! I am going to theORegon coast the 22nd FLorence on up and going out thru bend and sisters or I can hardly wait--new quilt stores!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:26 PM

I live in Flathead county maybe it's me!!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
skimming through this thread, seems when I can get to it, I have pages and pages to catch up on.

Are we doing a Christmas in July theme? If so I was going to send something to my pal tomorrow with her squishy, definitly staying away from the snake theme LOL
lol, nope, it just seemed to end up that way for those that like Christmas as their favorite Holiday, I think. :D

Although a Theme for one month, might be interesting...hrm...what do you think Lori? ;)